The Future of Confidence

Hello all,

I have just completed my first Apetura in Argentina playing fantastic football, not lossing a game and winning the Sudamericana. However through out the course of the season, not every game went as planned and a few draws occured against teams I should probably have beat albeit I was away. The thing is that end of month reviews and fan confidence seems to be so overly critical and pesemistic. Now I like the confidence thing it is a nice touch, it obviously isn't perfect, and I was just thinking that perhaps in future versions, unless your squad has lost everygame that month just don't bring attention to the one game you drew becsue you had a bad day at the office you know. So instead of it reading;

Board Summary

To summarise the board are pleased with your overall leadership of the team.

However the performance against 'x'club can not go unnoticed.

just have

Board Summary

To summarise the board are pleased with your overall leadership of the team.

Despite a minor blip this month the team has performed well.

Also on a point about confidence when signing a youth player with no intention of playing him for a season at least, is their a chance in future versions that we can state, perhaps in a press conference or something, that we signed player'x' for the huture and he will probably be on the fringes this season. This way the fans don't get disappointed and I stay less annoyed lol.

I imagine it must be difficult to programme these little nuances etc however I do think they would improve two areas of the confidence system.

Cheers.

Point is that its the fans, they tend to draw attention to every minor blip or poor performance. Take a look around the internet for your favourite side. There will be hundreds of thread on even the slightest of mistakes by a half decent player.

That may be so, but i doubt the fans spokesperson will have a go at their club for a draw away from home, with a performancet that wasn't bad, and still remaining undefeated, you know what I mean. I like the confidence system dont get me wrong and the game as a whole I just feel this little part of it could be more refined so to speak.

Depends who it was against and how well you were performing recently I guess. I know that the extremely attacking lineup of manchester united that had performed poorly in recent games lost against the counter attacking lineup of liverpool that had performed exceptionally well in recent games and was still gutted by the funs ruthlessly and with a significant amount of real hatred.

Maybe you dont really understand the expectations placed upon you. Or yes, perhaps it is a game fault. Yawn.

You kow I was just pointing out a little something that I felt as a consumer and a person who paid their 30 quid for the game, thought could perhaps be looked at. I was in no way shape or form having a dig at SI or saying it wasn't a good game, these forums are for everyone of every opinion and theory and I see absolultey no reason for the condecending tone.

I think the confidence needs looked at aswell and I agree with the OP, especially with the point regarding a youngster bought for the future, who doesn't feature but is pinpointed as a very poor signing by the fans. Doesn't really make sense and wouldn;t happen irl. Some good points :thup:

Archived