Facing Teams in Cups

I often find that the teams i play against in the cups are the same team i have to play the match before/after in the league.

in a normal cup run of say 3/4 games atleast 1, often 2 will be a team i have just played or will play next in the league.

im manager of 3clubs, Inter, Newcastle, and Bristol City, and find it with all clubs, on all saves, on versions 9.1 9.2 and 9.3..

anyone else noticed it?

It certainly happens, though I wouldn't say unusually so, I'm currently in a stretch that goes;

Arsenal (A) - CL QF 1st Leg

Villa (A) - League

Arsenal (H) - CL QF 2nd Leg

Villa (N) - FA Cup Semi

Arsenal (H) - League

well ive just had

Inter

18.01.09 - udinese A

21.01.09 - udinese CI

Bristol

25.01.09 - Reading FA

27.01.09 - Reading Champ

Newcastle

24.01.09 - Bolton FA

31.01.09 - Bolton Prem

Now thats all 3 clubs, at the same time playing the same team in cup and league next to one another, and this has happened in other saves too..

I've noticed that for a few years now. I think since 07 at least. Don't really think about it much now because I'm so used to it. Not so bad in England as its just I game but in Barcelona games of old as the latter stages of Spanish cup is 2-legged (just a week apart as well) I'd often get my cup opponents the weekend before or after the cup games or even in between (for 3 in a row). I guess after that having a cup and league game against the same team a week or so apart (as its often that more then back to back) isn't that noteworthy any more. But I may check my past fixtures anyway.

Archived