New Sign Up Threads

Recently we seem to have suffered an influx in new sign up threads started by people who already have active threads which lack any real substance or thought. Can I ask that for now people please stick to their active threads before starting new ones, unnecessary new threads may well be closed without notice.

I know there is no strict forum rule on starting new threads, but it does come to point where it borders on spamming the forum. We need to make sure that this forum is as enjoyable as possible for all users, thread after thread being started then abandoned/closed does not help us in this.

I really need to stress that these sorts of threads are not really the sorts of things that can be started on a whim just because you are bored. Since they involve a large number of people taking part there is a commitment to seeing it out to be fair to the people who sign up to it.

before starting one of these threads please have a look at these links from the welcome thread:

A guide to starting/taking part in a sign up

A quick guide to the sign ups

The Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games Awards - Voting Closes August 18th at 22:00

I'm sure these links will give you a few tips on what makes a successful sign up thread, as you can see it is not all about making thousands of posts, it is about creating an interesting story via a community of users. Some of the best sign up threads are the ones that appeal to the people who haven't even signed up, so you have to think to yourself 'is what I am writing interesting?'.

Thanks, dafuge

p.s does anyone remember me writing this thread sometime last year?

Thanks Dafuge, Much needed IMO, although I'm not sure it will make much of a difference. Hopefully a few people will read this and understand the quality needed to sustain and successfully run a sign-up. And yes I do remember this thread around this time last year as well!!!

I have to admit, that I just won't sign up to the sign-ups that are poorly managed and you can generally tell from the first post what its going to be like, but it does reflect on the forum as a whole when a new person comes along and joins a sign up which then falls apart in 2 days and then the creator is making another one. Maybe we need to go with a ruling like the FM Stories one. I think theirs is you can only start one new story a week, or similar. Just my thoughts. But that then does also punish the ones who are running good sign-ups.

TBH due to all the threads I've become tired of signing up for sign ups any more.

I mean, it's really tiring to have to fill up a form (which takes a while) only to see the sign up die.

Therefore I only sign up if I know it's going to last. The last one I signed up for was Wegason's one (which took a very long time. I hope it's worth it).

Obviously not.

WHS!!! ^^ :p

It's really only one person atm (as far as I know) who's really making a new signup every 2 days...

And even I will not signing up to just any random signup in the future. I'm only going to sign up for threads that will last...

How the heck do you get into one of these? I visit this site about 5 times a day, read through the tactics forum, come here and bingo, there's a new sign up that was started and the registration is full.

I'm getting so damn annoyed :X

How the heck do you get into one of these? I visit this site about 5 times a day, read through the tactics forum, come here and bingo, there's a new sign up that was started and the registration is full.

I'm getting so damn annoyed :X

there are still spaces in 'the inevitable European domination of mediocre clubs' and since I'm a very reliable user it will definitely go ahead ;)

there are still spaces in 'the inevitable European domination of mediocre clubs' and since I'm a very reliable user, who still needs to post his batracer car setup for mikey and me, it will definitely go ahead ;)

Fixed :D

Yes, sign up for the inevitably long titled named thread written above.

Not that long but still quite a second of typing. :cool:

No slots. This is what always happens, how long has it been since you posted?

Any generous thread starter feeling like opening up another slot for me?

If you had spent more effort reading through the entire thread, you would have realised that what you had perceived as being full would only be the CEO positions. Those were pre-allocated to the forum regulars by the PaulHartman71, and I am going to assume it is because these forum regulars have shown reliability over the months/years and he knew the risk of being let down by them suddenly not posting and losing interest would be considerably lesser than if he were to open those spots up to newer forum users. :thup:

However, there were also 20 manager positions which had been opened up to the rest of us, of which currently 3 are still available. Hence why PaulHartman71 and pnefc22 encouraged you to sign up for that thread here. I really do not know how you could have missed out on the manager list that was being reposted by each forum user as he signed up for it, if you said you have been so eager to sign up for one of such threads. But you do still have a chance to get involved in that sign-up thread, and judging from the credibility of the OP, it should last longer than the average new sign-up this forum has seen recently. So go sign up already! :thup::)

Edit: Well those last few spots have been taken up, so that sign up is indeed full as of now. Better luck and pay closer attention to the entire content of the thread next time. :(

Archived