I just lost the title on 90+4

Yep, I just conceded an equaliser in the 4th minute of injury time in the final game of my season to lose the title by a point. Someone please say something to stop me throwing either my pc or myself out of the window!!!!!

I'm thinking of sacking my entire defence. :D

id sack ur attacking front!! you should be atleast 3 goals in the lead at that point :p

try getting your hands of robert aquafresca, great forward, or either jo. the two are fantastic for me! plus they are not expensive! about 3 to 5 mil for jo and about 5 to 7 milo for aquafresca.

also apply a time wasting tactic, with ultra defence, short passing at 80 mins or 85 mins.

gd luck for next season mate, let me know how it goes!

I can see the funny side :D

I'm playing in Serie A in Brazil by the way as Fluminense. My transfer budget is usually around £1m so its a little tricky to get my team as I want. My number 1 striker was injured and I was 2-1 up so I took a striker off and added a DM to go 4-1-4-1 with high time wasting, no forward runs from FBs/mids.

I won the league in my first season with 85 points and this time round finished on 74 so that says a lot about my inability to strengthen the team and also how teams such as Cruziero, Inter, Flamengo etc have kept some big players.

I can see the funny side :D

I'm playing in Serie A in Brazil by the way as Fluminense. My transfer budget is usually around £1m so its a little tricky to get my team as I want. My number 1 striker was injured and I was 2-1 up so I took a striker off and added a DM to go 4-1-4-1 with high time wasting, no forward runs from FBs/mids.

I won the league in my first season with 85 points and this time round finished on 74 so that says a lot about my inability to strengthen the team and also how teams such as Cruziero, Inter, Flamengo etc have kept some big players.

Hope you can get your hands on some good young players to strengthen the squad.

That's partly why I picked them. I think their youth academy is in the top few in the world in terms of producing stars in FM. They start very young though with some regens being 14 when they join the club!

Finances were in disaray but I went into administration last season and my debts were pretty much wiped out bar a 1 year CVA.

Not had it quite that bad, though on FM08 my Stoke City side lost the title when Liverpool got the winner in their last game on 77 minutes, courtesy of the first goal of the season from the Montenegrin regen centre back I'd sold them at the start of the year. :confused:

Mind you, the year after we won the title with a game to spare when Fulham got a similarly timed equaliser against the Reds, which was a bit karmic :)

On fm05 I lost the champola league in the last minute, was winning 3-2 and they scored two goals in under a minute (about 45 seconds, one goal from a corner, next we kick off, hoof the ball, they make two passes and the balls in the back of the net from 45 yards).

FYI: I was Rushden and Diamonds, they were Barcelona.

I''m pretty sure I won the F.A cup with a last minute goal that year though, so not all bad.

once in 08 i was in the fa cup final with everton i scored in the 89th minute (it was claude Makelele) with a screamer outside the box hten chelsea scored twice from 2 corners in the final 3 minutes to snatch the cup i was speechless

I had a weird ending to my season in FM09 before....I was Man Utd, I won the league the year before but haven't really dominated this season...Chelsea,Tottenham and City could all win the league...Chelsea and City were 2 points ahead of me and Tottenham and me were level...First Tottenham scored in the first minute against Sunderland and they were winning the league...Then City got a man sent off and Chelsea scored...I was playing Wigan at OT and had lots of chances to score before Wigan somehow took the lead...At HT Chelsea were winning the League

City then scored but Chelsea still led on GD and Tottenham scored again but we more-or-less out of it now....I then Scored with Ronaldo and Chelsea lost there lead and soon after City conceded a pen and I was all of a sudden leading on GD after we took a 3-1 lead and I was dreaming but City scored again in the last 10 minutes and I conceded another goal meaning I Needed City to make a mistake and me to score again...Sadly that never happened a City won the league.....Gutted but I did win the league after that and City came 6th!

Yep, I just conceded an equaliser in the 4th minute of injury time in the final game of my season to lose the title by a point. Someone please say something to stop me throwing either my pc or myself out of the window!!!!!

I'm thinking of sacking my entire defence. :D

Ouch ouch ouch! Man, I really feel for you :(

But then, you have a great FM story to tell and retell, rather than the usual, "I won the title by 2 points."

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a little update on this, I failed to win the title in the following season, again finishing behind Internacional but in my 4th season I have just won the Copa Liberdatores!

I lost the first leg 1-0 at home vs Boca Juniors and it looked all over however in the second leg in BA I managed to score an early goal and hang on for the 90mins. Unfortunately my captain and centre back Leo was sent off for a second bookable offence and I faced extra time with 10 men!

I got all my men behind the ball and fought hard to take us to penalties. Facing the likes of Riquelme and Palacio I thought I had no chance but my keeper saved penalties from Monzon, Riqueleme (!) and another embarrassed Argentine whilst my battling Brazilians put all of theirs in the back of the net!

First time I've ever won it and so far my greatest fm2009 achievement (I've not played as any top European sides).

Archived