FM 08 Technical Help

Hey, not sure if this is in the right section but forgive me if not.....

Here is the situation:

Last week my laptop got took away for repair. During repair, they had to wipe everything clean, which included FM 08. Thankfully, the guy who came to repair it had put all my laptop's data on to the downstairs computer. Now I have got my laptop back, installed FM 08, and put everything I need back on my laptop.

So I tried my save game file. But it wouldnt work, I got a message saying that there were different databases used, or something similar. Then it said 'the save game could not be loaded'.

I was using The Minsterman 08/09 update, which is on my laptop now. I was also using a patch (8.0.2 I think) - will I need to download this again? Also, I had slightly edited The Minsterman database (only created a couple of players and a team) and renamed it. Does this matter?

Sorry if that isn't explained very well! I need this game to work - I'm in 2021 and been playing it since July, haha. Thanks for any help people, much appreciated:thup:

:):) Yo man...

i face the same problem as you... i downloaded a patch for my FM 2008 in my PC, when i wanted to play the FM in my laptop and intalled it, my FM 08 could not load my game in my Laptop with same error message as yours, untill i installed the same patch in my laptop, i installed in my computer previously when the game was last saved.

i think you should installed the patch if not the error message will keep appearing

hope this helps man

Archived