The Alex Ferguson Challenge

I tried this one earlier, however this time I have done some research. :) Alex Ferguson is possibly one of the greatest managers of all time, he's one 31 trophies at his spell at United in just 23 years.

So this game isn't for the faint hearted, and you must love playing, because this is going to be a long hard 20 years :). Whether your a United fan and want to better him, or whether you despise him like me lol, and want to overcome his achievements

I mentioned a minute ago it taking him 23 years. The answer to the question on everyones lips, do I really have to play that long? Well kinda silly i know but you have to play at leaast 10 seasons, you will understand in a minute when i round up his trophy cabinet. So it will take a while to be the best, it doesnt just happen over night.

So this is my challenge:-

1 - You can take charge of any Premiership team, you think you can lead to national and world domination.

2- You will manage that team for as long as you need to to overcome his achievements, could take 10 years, could take 40.

3 - You have to equal or better the total times he has one every trophy.

4 - Therefore, this challenge is down to who can do it the fastest.

The Sir Alex trophy cabinet:-

6 x FA Cup

2 x League Cup

3 x Champions League

10 x Premiership Title

1 x World Club championship

7 x Community Shield

1 x Super Cup

(Now you can see why it must take at least 10 seasons, because you have to match his 10 Premiership Titles.)

Rules

Very simple, you get sacked game over.

The trophies are set in importance order

Premiership

Champions League

FA Cup

World Club Championship

Super Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

So if you have reached your 32 trophies, and have won the community shield 6 times compared to the 7 Sir Alex has won, but you have won the league 12 times, then obviously you have bettered him. Common sense really.

Be good to see if anybody is up for this :):)

Personally, seeing as SAF took over a team that hadn't won the title in almost 20 years, and it was 26 years before he did. I think all clubs that have won the title in the last 20 years should be excluded, to make it more a challenge. Doing this with Arsenal, Liverpool, United themselves, or Chelsea is quite easy I'd of thought.

ok you try it with any1 but these teams and you should be a manager yourself! think about it you have to win a trophy every season and some season win 2, to keep that up constantly for 20 years is hard, but if you do it without the top 4 fair play!!!

Doing it with a side that hasn't won it in the last 20 years makes it significantly harder - it excludes Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Blackburn. (And also Leeds, but you're restricting it to Premiership teams anyway.) Manchester City are still in there, and that might be the easiest way to do it.

ye im up for this challenge as big utd fan and sir alex is a legend, and currently in 3rd season with utd atm, 2 league title and champions league, plus african nations and a world cup with different countries. ill send screenshots if the challenge needs them

He also won the Cup Winners Cup against Barcelona. I belive it was in 1989 or 1990

I know the cup winners cup does not exist anymore but there will have to be something similar you can win. The Uefa Cup maybe

• 2 weeks later...

Fergie the legend.

St. Mirren (1974–1978)

Scottish First Division: 1976-77

Aberdeen (1978–1986)

Scottish Premier Division: 1979-80, 1983-84, 1984-85

Scottish Cup: 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86

Scottish League Cup: 1985-86

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1982–83

UEFA Super Cup: 1983

Manchester United (1986–present)

Premier League: 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08

FA Cup: 1989–90, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04

League Cup: 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09

FA Charity/Community Shield: 1990*, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008

UEFA Champions League: 1998–99, 2007–08

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1990–91

UEFA Super Cup: 1991

Intercontinental Cup: 1999 (replaced by club world cup)

FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

this

6 x FA Cup

2 x League Cup

3 x Champions League

10 x Premiership Title

1 x World Club championship

7 x Community Shield

1 x Super Cup

should be

10 x Premiership Title

5 x FA Cup

3 x League Cup

8 x Community Shield

2 x Champions League

1 x Cup Winners Cup (now uefa cup)

2 x World Club championship (inc. Intercontinental Cup)

1 x Super Cup

Total - 32 Trophies

Well.. Technically you can't match him as the Cup Winners Cup doesn't exist.

It got merged into the UEFA which is a different kettle of fish. Suppose it will have to do though :)

Also it *is* 7 Community shield wins. We shared the 1990 Charity Shield with Liverpool. Last time it would finish as a draw.

Well.. Technically you can't match him as the Cup Winners Cup doesn't exist.

It got merged into the UEFA which is a different kettle of fish. Suppose it will have to do though :)

Also it *is* 7 Community shield wins. We shared the 1990 Charity Shield with Liverpool. Last time it would finish as a draw.

still technically won it though. its still on the trophy list on manutd.com so still counts

Archived