XML parsing error!

When i tried to load up football manager a box came up sayin:-

XML parsing error!

Not well-formed (invaled token) at line 1 of default.xml

I then clicked the ok button then the same box came back up. Again i clicked ok and football manager then loaded up but out of all my saved games i am unable to load 1.

Can you help?

Thanks

Scott

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.

Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the folder called "Cache"

This should help. ;)

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the folder called "Cache"

This should help. ;)

I dont have a cache folder

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

Right-click on the FM shortcut.

Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences

Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

Tried this, it just keeps sayin invalid target.

To delete you cache files, go to start and click on your username. Then from the options tab in the window that comes up, select organise, folder and search options, view tab, view all files and folders. Then go into AppData, roaming, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009, select your cache files and delete them. Don't worry about doing this as they automatically are replaced when you reload the game :D

Hope that helps and that it also works :thup::):D

To delete you cache files, go to start and click on your username. Then from the options tab in the window that comes up, select organise, folder and search options, view tab, view all files and folders. Then go into AppData, roaming, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2009, select your cache files and delete them. Don't worry about doing this as they automatically are replaced when you reload the game :D

Hope that helps and that it also works :thup::):D

Cheers mate, worked a treat

No problem, always happy to help. If you ever need to solve a problem, PM me or jod123 or ahmufcwafc (Alan for short) as we are generally quite good at solving simple issues like this. Next time, use the search function to search for past threads as someone will have had the same problem as you and you will almost always find a solution :thup::D:)

Archived