Interaction With Other Managers

Recently Rafa Benitez has been constantly saying how much he admires Rafael van der Vaart and how much he would like to buy take him from my Real Madrid side. He has done this quite a few times recently, and I think as the manager of Real I should be able to do something about this.

Now I dont want to complain to FIFA about him "tapping up" my player, just be able to have a go at him for doing so. All I can currently do is say I dislike him, and the media story that accompanies that has nothing to do with the issue of him publicly talking about my player.

I would very much like to have this in future versions of the game.

Yeah I agree.

I don't know if anyone saw the documentary on Cloughie the other night, but his interactions with managers and players for that matter were amazing, especially with Don Revie. Now obviously we can't have something as complex as he was, but perhaps interaction that has a bit more personality could be explored for future incarnations.

I'm currently in my 3rd season with Birmingham and I've had Leeds' manager Simon Grayson says he thinks 4 of my players are very good in the media, this is beginning to unsettle them and I'm getting pretty annoyed.

What happens if you get your own back, as in do it to their players?

That's the big problem - if you were to reciprocate, you usually wind up alienating/unsettling several of your players, as they feel the heat of competition.

Having a more contextual retaliation/response would be great for future versions of the game.

Can only echo the thoughts on this idea, shouldn't take much for SI to add this to the game. Maybe go a step further and have the ability to report clubs to Fifa/FA like United did To Madrid with regards to Ronaldo or the fiasco that was Ashley Cole's transfer to Chelsea with Arsenal reporting the Blues.

Definitely a realistic part of football that can be added to the game.

FIFA did nothing against the blatant tapping up, as a matter of fact FIFA boss Blatter encouraged Ronaldos's transfer.

As for manager interaction the comments you get to make/respond are boring/out of date, something SI could bolster up with ease if they wanted to.

Single players 'Dangerman' comments needs to be looked at too.

Archived