Can anyone please help?

Bought the FM09 game off Steam and activated it as well however the game does not actually start up. You double click the FM.exe file and the loading symbol appears instead of the mouse pointer but then you get nothing. If you double click the logo again, it says FM is already running.....

The system is a Compaq Netbook Mini Note which I am well aware is not really a gaming machine but should be capable of running the game these are the specs of the machine:

Compaq Mini Note 700 series

Operating system: Genuine Windows XP Home (Service pack 3)

Processor type: Intel Atom processor N270 1.6 GHz, Level 2 Cache 512KB

Standard memory: 1024 MB

Internal drives: 60GB

Storage controller: SATA Hard Drive

Hard Drive Speed: 4200rpm

Video RAM: Upto 128 MB Total available graphics memory

Display Resolution: 1024 x 600

Internal Audio: 3D Sound Blaster Pro

I did check with a few online programs that checked my machine to see if it was a match for, or exceeded the specification needed to run the game and all said it should run the game without any problems as did SEGA support.

Can anyone tell me why it might not work, or what needs to be done to make it work?

Is anyone else running the game on a netbook rather then a PC/Laptop?

Thanks.

I also tried changing the screen resolution to that of which the game requires rather then the standard 1024x600 the netbook runs on from factory, but it still does nothing.

On the task manager it says fm.exe is running but nothing appears on the screen.

I dont want to buy an external drive, install the game and have to use the cd each time i want to play the game, nor do I want to buy a drive install the game from cd and then find it still will not work.

.....At the risk of making this simply my own post from start to finish I would just like to say that I got the game to work finally, by changing the shortcut (not the one steam make on the destop) properties and adding in the -windowed -small_screen part with a space after the " in the target.

Fingers crossed the match itself will run okay, just loading up the season now. Thanks for any advice people have given/might have given. lol

Go to the website of the company that makes your graphics card and search there. Direct X and Java can easily be found through google.

That is the best way as they are from the manufacterers themselves, you can also do this from. Control Panel -> System -> Hardware, the Device manager you can search for drivers there too.

Well the game was working fine, then I saw that people had made a new skin for use on the netbooks I attempted to install it as the instructions suggested but it wouldnt work. Now the game wont get past the opening credits when trying to load. I put the file back to its original and tried again but it made no difference at all, so now I am having to delete from my HD and re-install, and there was me thinking I had got so far.... this happened to anyone else?

Archived