Having a problem!

I did post on the technical forums but have yet to get a reply. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just really need some help!!

Basically I have a problem with either the game or my PC. I only recently bought the game (cashflow issues as usual!!) and I can get about 2-3 weeks into preseason before my PC reboots itself. Apart from anything else, it's just incredibly annoying!

Like I said, only recently got the game so I'm not currently patched up. Could this be a problem? Or is the problem actually with my PC? Everything else seems to run ok and it's a good computer (good graphics, more than enough memory etc)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First, thanks for the reply.

It's only a few years old and like I said, it's more than good enough, or should be!

I don't run anything else when playing FM so I'm not quite sure what's happening. You still have the same problem? Or have you got it sorted somehow?

I agree with the above poster. I too think your problem is overheating but its difficult to say for certain without knowing exactly what your specs are so please post these. If your not sure how to find this information out then click on the my computer icon and select properties from the small menu that appears. Post back and tell us what it says.

Thanks trekman

I'm at work at the moment trying to avoid being caught online!! But I will post my PC's specs later on.

In the meantime, apart from keeping my tower in a well ventilated area, anybody got any tips on how to avoid overheating?

Thanks again for the replies so far

One other thing to try is to make sure that you have the latest version of directx and java and the latest patch (9.3.0). You should also make sure that your graphics card is suitable for FM because a lot of people have had issues with this.

I would assume it is your processor which is overheating. You could try keeping the side off the case and seeing if it makes a difference. Other than that, you could probably do with re-applying the thermal paste but if you do that - you should get someone who knows what they are doing to do so.

If you Google a program called Speedfan (or Everest) you can download it and monitor the temperatures of your computer.

Neji and Ricki - thanks for the replies.

Ricki it's not a laptop but the principle is the same - cheers.

Neji - thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

I'd just like to add this is the first problem I've had to post with and am really impressed with the responses and the speed of them too. I'm really appreciative!

Archived