I thought I'd write here to get a bit of sympathy as my better half stopped caring 3 1/2 seconds after I told her!

I took a couple of days of work to unwind before end of financial year gets going and planned to spend the whole time playing FM.

The very first day, I boot up the computer and go to open my very successful Liverpool game where I hadn't lost a league game in what I was hoping was about to be 7 seasons, and was in line for my 8th consecutive Champions League title. I click on Load Last Game, and what appears but the dreaded "Game Can Not Be Loaded"! I was gutted, mostly because I'm a bit of an idiot an only do alternate save files at the start of each season!

After recovering from that I continued a different game in Northern Ireland was feeling a bit better about myself, when on the 2nd day of my leave, I go to boot up my computer and guess what? My hard drive has crashed!! It's all gone! To top it off my laptop is stuffed and I'm yet to buy a new one.

Needless to say I spent the remainder of my time of at various shops scouring for a new hard drive and complaining about my poor luck!

Oh well, life must go on! icon_frown.gif

I feel your pain, although my story is even worse. I took a week off in May and was looking forward to kicking back with some FM during the day as I raely get a chance to play it these days, due to parental and husbandy duties. I'd bought a new car in April.

On the way home from work just before my leave started a guy reversed his Jeep into the front of my car (outside a shopping centre). It would have been fine if it was another car and easy fixed, but his towbar went through my bumper and his sare whell on the back pushed the bonnet right up, £800 worth of damage. So I spent the week waiting for it to get fixed and on the phone to the insurance, rather than playing FM. icon_frown.gif

I have no luck though as the reason I had decided to buy a new car is because my old one was ancient and a white van man did a hit and run job on the front when going round a roundabout. This one happened 2 days before I went on holiday to Berlin icon_mad.gif he's getting prosecuted though so that eases the pain.

• 2 weeks later...

thought i'd bring this back to life after yet another fun week!!

i finally bit the bullet and just bought a new computer to play my beloved FM so that's all sorted.

But then i did something very stupid.

Now, I'm supposed to be joing the Royal Australian Air Force within the next 4 weeks, so I've been taking it a bit easy coz I know what's coming, well, at a nice "friendly" game of football a couple of days ago my so called friend tackled me from the side, tearing the cartiledge in my right knee!! So, now i've got up to 12 months of rehab and no RAAF for just as long!!

oh well, at least i've got some decent FM time ahead of me!

sounds like 2008 isn't going too well for you mate. im in 2020 on my game and i only have one save, but im deffo going to make a new save now, if i lose that game i think i might decline into a deep depression considering im completely addicted at the moment.

Archived