Greatest Striker In FM09: Cristiano Ronaldo?

I retrained Ronaldo to "Accomplished" in the Striker Position in about a month, assisted by playing him upfront regularly and he is absolutely lethal in my save. It is not so much the quantity of goals, although he averaging about 1.5 a game so far, but the manner of his goalscoring play. He is the complete striker in my save, punishing any mistake in the air, on the ground, from 2 yards out or from 18 yards out. He hits snapshots, volleys, touch-turn-place, he wins back post headers, he skins 2-3 men and the goalkeeper. In my save he is averaging one goal every two on target and one on target for every two shots hit. Average rating of 8.07 so far.

He is like a cross between Henry, Shearer and the old Ronaldo. Has anyone else retrained him as a striker and what do they think of what they see?

My mate was telling me of this exploit. He only ever plays as United and he was getting a bit miffed with his strikers not scoring enough so he retrained Ronaldo to play up top and played him there with Rooney in behind, Messi right and Maritenz left. No place for Tevez or Berbatov. He is adament that he will never play Ronaldo out wide again.

I don't think it's so much of an "exploit" millsy1982. It's more a realisation that he's clearly one of the strongest players in the game and given his overall attributes, including his ability with both feet, centre-backs are always going to have a torrid time containing him.

• 3 months later...

I really like retraining players. I've currently got Cristiano Ronaldo for my team, Halesowen Town, but I'm in 2022 and he's 37 now. I think it might be a bit too late to retrain him.

I've got a player that appears to fit the young Ronaldo mould though. The player is Custodio. Do you think I could retrain him to player a striker with the effect Ronaldo had?

I really like retraining players. I've currently got Cristiano Ronaldo for my team, Halesowen Town, but I'm in 2022 and he's 37 now. I think it might be a bit too late to retrain him.

I've got a player that appears to fit the young Ronaldo mould though. The player is Custodio. Do you think I could retrain him to player a striker with the effect Ronaldo had?

His attributes look very close to those of Marquinhos, so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't play well as a striker :thup:

Archived