How do the guys at FM judge and give out PA and CA?

I have always wonderd how the reaserchers(if that is who does it) come around to judge the PA and the CA of players, do they talk to coaches, or do they just play it by ear if they hear good things do they represent that in the PA/CA?

If anybody knows, please tell me, ive been picking my brains all day.

Researchers of specific teams are usually season ticket holders who go to lots of games home and away, plus reserves and youths. Check out the data forum.

I understand that they watch the games and what not but how do they judge the potential and give out a number accordingly, how do they judge the potential, i mean is there not a bit of biased on the players of the respective clubs from the respective reaserchers?

I understand that they watch the games and what not but how do they judge the potential and give out a number accordingly, how do they judge the potential, i mean is there not a bit of biased on the players of the respective clubs from the respective reaserchers?

If you overrate your team's players and show bias, the chances are you're not going to be asked to do the research again, so that's why the data remains pretty accurate.

Also, once data is handed in by individual researchers, a head researcher will go through them and make sure they're all realistic and scaled correctly. So even if a researcher over or under rates someone in regards to CA/PA this will usually be picked up upon and edited so that the game balance is as realistic as possible.

I have always wonderd how the reaserchers(if that is who does it) come around to judge the PA and the CA of players, do they talk to coaches, or do they just play it by ear if they hear good things do they represent that in the PA/CA?

If anybody knows, please tell me, ive been picking my brains all day.

How many brains have you got exactly?:D

Also, once data is handed in by individual researchers, a head researcher will go through them and make sure they're all realistic and scaled correctly. So even if a researcher over or under rates someone in regards to CA/PA this will usually be picked up upon and edited so that the game balance is as realistic as possible.

Head Researcher = Arsenal Fan

Head Researcher = Arsenal Fan

The head researcher needs to be someone who knows the league, and is always going to be a fan of a specific club so I'm not sure what your point is.

Arsenal were 'worsened' after the initial data and were rated as the third best club in England and were lowered again for 9.3.

Archived