The Name Game.

Strange question really, but how many of you use your actual name on the game? I always did, but i started a game the other day and used an alias, Since then i won the league suffering only one defeat and also took the cup. My best result ever.

Used my name the first play through, but got mad when my Hall of Fame carried over into a new game. So I got the brilliant idea of spelling my name backwards (Nivek Reltub) so now I sound European. Once I figured out that you can delete the HoF data I used my name again, before getting tired of seeing how great I was (why does life mock me thus?) and I now go with my favorite singer, Mike Patton.

Used my name the first play through, but got mad when my Hall of Fame carried over into a new game. So I got the brilliant idea of spelling my name backwards (Nivek Reltub) so now I sound European. Once I figured out that you can delete the HoF data I used my name again, before getting tired of seeing how great I was (why does life mock me thus?) and I now go with my favorite singer, Mike Patton.

You sound Russian with a name like that, maybe you should be managing CSKA instead.

I always use my real name. Tom Smith is quite common, and I like to see how many people I am a favoured personnel of, but it doesn't just come up with me, it includes tommy smith (played, or still plays, for Watford) so the it isn't too clear which is a tad annoying.

Also, it isn't too clear if a Smith comes through my youth team if he is my son or not, but I like using my real name.

You want it all... but you can't have it!

:D

It would take me far too long to think up a name other than my own, so I just use mine. I have put in "comedy" names in the past though, just to have an immature giggle at the news and mail I get.

Manchester United have hired "A Vauxhall Astra" as their new manager.

I use my real name if i'm managing in England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland.

If i manage elsewhere i make my own name up of that nation, to sound authentic.

In Spain i was 'Ciceron de Canto Parreira'.

In Germany: 'Dietmar Auer'.

i've never used an alias, but if i did it'd be summin stupid like:

Max Payne

or if i was gonna manage cameroon (dunno why i would) Rock Strong'o

I always like seeing if i have an in-game son, don't think ive had one in a while.

I always create a fictional character and create a little background to the manager.

FM07 - Flavio Luna - from Mexico/ Klemens Primetzhofer - from Austria

FM08 - Pompilio Wilmer - from Honduras

FM09 - Benjamin Castles - England

Just random names, not based on anyone. Everyone has a little footballing background in my head, and I always start off failry low down.

Archived