Installation question....

Hi guys,

I installed my copy of FM09 through steam - therefore, I do not need the disc to play the game.

My brother doesn't have internet access on his laptop, however, can he use my disc and play the game on his laptop or does he need Steam?

The issue I'm concerned about is that it will then be run on two computers, is that allowed? I know it sounds silly, just checking! Also, if he doesn't run the game through Steam, does he just install it as per previous versions of FM?

I would try it on his laptop but he doesn't live too close so I was going to send it to him...

Thanks for your help! :)

You're able to install the game on up to 5 computers. If you don't have internet access, you'll need to activate by phone.

Nice one ahmufcwafc - so to clarify, I can give my copy of FM to my bro and he can install it and activate by telephone?

No problem. You could do that, but I'm not sure if it's legal to share a copy with your brother.

Ahh, thats what I was worried about to be honest! I assumed as it was my copy, I could do what I like, with reason! lol

In addition to all of the above, how come it has to be activated by phone (or Steam)?

I much prefer the old school way of buying a game and installing it on your computer!

With reference to me not being able to give my copy to my bro, what happens when you sell your copy to second hand computer places (i.e. Gamestation)? I dont do this but alot of friends do....do the same rules apply?

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this back to the fore but would anyone be able to have a quick look through the posts and advise me whether my bro can play my copy (without internet access) legally.

I dont want to let him do it if its not legal. I'm not too sure how phone activation works to be honest, can anyone explain, how is it 'activated' exactly?

Archived