board is dissapointed about losing the champions league final

i would understand this if i was a major club, but i was managing ajax. on my way i defeated man utd, liverpool, porto and schalke 04. in the final i lost 1-1 after penalty's against barcelona. how could the board be dissapointed with this?

Maybe disappointed is abit harsh but they may be saying that because you managed to take it all the way penalties but ended up losing which would disappoint some people with the fact that it was so close to a win. Does that make sense? :confused:

it makes sense, but the fact that they are dissapointed doesnt. in the competition screen, the board is delighted about winning the competition, delighted about winning the cup, but they are dissapointed about losing in the final of the champions league. altough it isnt fun to lose in the final, the board should always be realistic and look at the matches we did won, and how far we managed to get in the cup

In all fairness, although in real life and compared to the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona, etc, you might not consider Ajax to be a "major club", historically they are, hence why they have the highest reputation in Holland and amongst the highest in Europe. This is also true in the game.

This may explain why your board were "dissapointed about losing the champions league final". Also, if you've got a good squad, have spent a decent amount of money on players and have done well domestically, it's also fair to say that their expectations would also be higher.

Hope that helps give you a few possible reasons.

you say that, but i had the exact same issue, which unlike Ajax, doesn;t really have a huge history (well they do, but not outside of england).

I was newcastle, took them all the way to the champs league final, beating R.Madrid and arsenal in quarter and semi finals, i lost 2-1 to Barcelona in the final, although they were only down to 10 men in last 20 (which was when i scored), and somehow my board were disappointed, even i was happy with that result!

oh and on another note, id like to say congratulations for gettin Ajax to the final, thats something i've always really wanted to do but i've never quite managed it!

thanks, wasnt that hard tbh. some odd transfers and sales (about 10 players sold above 50 mill, players like nigel de jong, van de vaart, huntelaar and java garcia), some regen shopping (my defence is all regen, all under 22, and already international in holland and spain). i am going far this year as well, beating porto (4-2) and benfica (3-4)

Archived