How long until your team becomes all regens? **PLAYER NAMING**

I have had a long term game with Sunderland well long for me anyways lol, I am in season 2017 to 2018 and have won the league 3 times in a row my whole squad only has 4 real players left.

Craig Gordon - At 35 years old is playing the best football of his career getting around 30 clean sheets a season and he has only missed 2 games since the start of my FM career. It will be hard to replace him as regen GKs seem rare on my game.

Jack Wilshere - Came on loan in the 2011-12 season and made an impact for the 2nd half of the season and then returned the following year on a permanent transfer has been outstanding averaging around a 7.3 every season, doesnt score many goals but when he does they are usually winners in important games.

Miguel Torres - I needed a cheap player that could play at LB and RB so got Torres 3 seasons ago but he has only played 30 games in his 3 season and at 32 will move on at the end of the season for free.

Daniel Aquino - At 27 years old he is hitting his peak signed him from Basel in 2012 for £7.5 million and he has been consistantly good upfront or on the left wing.

For people who are far into the game or around 10 seasons in anyway, how many real players are left in your squad and who are they? I have a team of fantastic regens but have only claimed one champions league title so I want to carry on the game to get a few more of them.

I also have a regen striker who came through the youth ranks he has a PA of 199 has decent ability with both feet so I want to take him to be Sunderlands all time leading goalscorer.

Might aswell ask how are your long term single club careers going?

I'm currently in 2020 with Wolves and only have 4 real players left. Nigel Reo-Coker is the only guaranteed starter during my push for promotion to the Premiership though. Spiranovic, Chris Cohen and Cillian Sheridan all get regular first team football too though, but there's a healthy amount of rotation going on with them.

I've also realised, upon checking this, that after those 4, my next oldest player is only 25.

I'm in October 2019 with Celtic and have 6 real players left:

• Darren O'Dea- want to get him the appearance record so he'll play nearly every game.
  • Joe Mattock-The captain, but he wants out and is becoming second choice...he's gone then
  • Owen Garvan-Used to be a regular but then better, younger players took his place
  • Helder Barbosa- Gets better with age. 32 and still first choice left winger. He somehow hasn't gained a cap for Portugal yet...
  • Keith Treacy- Barbosa's backup-half decent.
  • Adam Lallana- Quality again but a bit part player and only plays when I'm using an AMC.

2023, and Akinfeev is still hanging around as a backup keeper, and Alessio Cerci's busy taking lots of corners and looking fairly useless when asked to do something else. Both are backups but still useful players to have, if only for one or two games a season, but I think they'll be retiring at the end of the next season, because there's only so many games I can give them before they get sick of the bench.

I'm @ 2014 and my club and country are about half-and-half. My "easy match" lineup is all regens for club. I COULD populate England with regens entirely and be fairly competitive, but there are still some quality real players - Gerrard is still awesome at 34 - so it wouldn't be my strongest lineup.

I am in 2028 and my whole squad has been entire Regens for the past 3 seasons. There are one or two regens knocking about. But thinking about it, the real life players are all 20 years older now, so it would have to be a 16-17 year old in real life now that could last in my game

I think it takes the fun out of managing regens when you know their PA.

If players didn't use cheating software, I'm sure they'd use more real players and use a wide range of regens to find out which can cut the mustard.

Who's to say most people used scouts to check the PA of players? Most of the best Regens peak at around 20-22 then seem to slowly improve from then on. In my save in 2014 the England team has 3 regens in it, all are between 20 and 23 and they're awesome. One is just like Rooney, Strong, fast, shoots with power and argues with officials, but he's scoring like a pro for the nation. Doesn't take software to find some great players if they hit the world stage at such a young age when they're worthy of a place in any team.

Especially when you can get your own scouts to do the job.

I'm in 2017 and have a squad full of regens, some pretty decent ones too according to my coaching staff and other clubs which are constantly trying to unsettle them by declaring their interest! My oldest player is 24, and youngest is 15.

I'm in 2025/2026 and still have one real player left. He's 34, still my captain and getting a few games as well. Offering him a years extension but he's asking for a first team status which I'm not going to give him. Will see if he accepts rotation, if not then I'll soon have an all regen team as well.

To answer the op FIRST, My team at 2017/2018 is 19 regens and 11 real players (I manage a very huge first team, but many of them are youngsters). I think I have a few regens that are very high in PA because they have the ability to be as good as my top striker, who I know is very bloody great. Oh, should I add that 4 out of 5 strikers in the England squad is now in Manchester United in the 2017/2018 season? :p

I think it takes the fun out of managing regens when you know their PA.

If players didn't use cheating software, I'm sure they'd use more real players and use a wide range of regens to find out which can cut the mustard.

Hah, I don't use cheating software whatsoever. Firstly, I am too lazy to figure out where to download them despite hearing about them. Secondly, I like the strange sadistic meaning of screaming at the computer when I realize that the "great regen player" I bought turned out to be rather crap and cannot develop anymore. Thirdly, the satisifcation of getting really good regens at cheap prices that turns out to be world class just reeks of greatness. One of my happiest moments is buying a potential good defensive midfielder at 850k pounds. He then developed surprisingly into a quality/key member of first squad and is now worth 20 million pounds. You generally do not need a cheating program. If you do, it's like Manchester City, just different way of cheating :p

I personally cannot understand why people want to use cheating programs (to each his own), but it makes it more logical that you depend on your scout and your intuition to see whether a regen player can make it big. Still, it's not rocket science to find them, as long as you have patience, a 20/20 scout and willing to take risks :rolleyes:

Archived