Random Debt Restructure?

I was playing as Bayern. They have over $500mil in debt and over $160mil in wages to pay a year. So I thought it was a challenge. I played a year as them and ended up around 30-50mil in the red. Bought 3 players with the transfer fund, sold the worst and useless players. Ended up winning nothing. The sponsorships for the next year covered the hole.

So I was like forget this I'm starting starting over. Started the season over and sold everyone I could and used the transfer and wage budget up to buy new players. A whole new squad. Now I'm half way through the Bundesliga and winning everything. Wage budget is only $73mil thus saving nearly $90mil a year. The savings will start next seasons as I used the wage budget up for transfers. I'll end up cutting the wage budget by another 20-30mil next season. Thus even more savings.

But now the board restructures the debt with a Company Voluntary Arrangement down to $26mil! WTH!!!!! Why couldn't of they have done this in my last game too? Is it cause I have shown that there a lot less spending and the bank agreed? Even so they should would realistically only cut the interest. There was about 30 years left on the $500mil loan. To cut it down to an about 20 year $26mil loan is crazy.

Any takes on this?

Archived