When you leave a club are you immediately on the unfavoured list?

Happened to me when i left Shrewsbury when i applied for the Hamburg job and suprisingly got it. Left after a season and a half there to join Newcastle, spent less than a year there and lost interest after Owen was sold by the board to Inter and most of my players were annoyed at me for letting him go. Left the Magpies and saw Shrewsbury were struggling to stay in League 2 (after id go them promoted to League 1 in my first season) and applied, but they laughed my application off and said they would never take my back!

Sir Alex Ferguson left Aberdeen to go to a struggling Man Utd back in '86 and some fans back then probably found that ludicrious but he is still loved and is regarded as an absolute legend at the club.

As for the game making you 100% on the unfavoured list once you leave....an absolute joke!

im sure it doesn;t happen all the time, i left USA once after 2 months and got begged to come back the next day? (and i was rubbish there)

I'm not sure if it works the same way for national coaches. This seems to happen alot with national teams but have you ever had this with a club team?

I'm not sure if it works the same way for national coaches. This seems to happen alot with national teams but have you ever had this with a club team?

Strange. In my FM08 game I coached England and was largely relatively succesful (won the Euros but never the World Cup), I am an extremely succesful manager and yet England keep rejecting me for relative no marks. :( I've put my nationality down as English as well!

11 years after I left Newcastle(won everything possible multiple times without getting on the favoured list or legends which I felt I deserved)I got offered a contract to manage them again.

11 years was maybe enough for them to get over it

11 years after I left Newcastle(won everything possible multiple times without getting on the favoured list or legends which I felt I deserved)I got offered a contract to manage them again.

Are you Keegan in disguise? Except for the winning trophies bit lol.

I've left after contract expiry and still been hated. Despite 50 years of winning trophies with a lower league club. I attempted to walk out the front door with my head held high ala Curbishley at Charlton, but it's just not in the game to do it.

Hoping this "feature" is fixed in FM10.

don't know but i became a favoured personel of a club once then when i resigned and took on an international job i lost that status

I didn't leave the club, but I lost the status right after the new season began. Weird.

no its never happened to me at a club, only the ntional as i stated earlier. I dont think ive ever managed the same club twice in one save. Maybe the best way is to make yourself get sacked haha.

If I'm on the legends list when I leave a club to pursue a new career, I use FMRTE to put me back, I don't see how fans can forget all that I've done for them.

Exactly.. I got Blyth promoted to the EPL and won it 10 times in a row! I'm a Legend at the club, but then decide to manage another team.. since it got boring winning everything. It really bugger me that I wasn't a legend after switching clubs, but i didn't know the game would put me on "dislike". After reading this thread, I changed it back to "like" in FMRTE and am now again a legend at Blyth, I feel so much better now. :)

Archived