Crossbar and winners

I have two main problems currently with my game. It has already been discussed but I feel it is very UNREALISTIC about:

(1) The amount of times in a game when players shoot it hits the crossbar. I remember in one of my matches the crossbar was hit more than 10 times!!

(2)I remember another user mentioning this but you can NEVER EVER win in injury time!! You can get an equaliser but not a winner.

(3) Also what I have realised mostly in the game is that, a goal will be always be scored around the 80 mins. Thats not a problem but it is becoming obvious.

1) like skorp said, it's a known glitch

2) frustration, not logic

3) see #2, but also, if you are keeping the same tactics all game long, then, yes it will be very difficult to win in extra time, and most likely why there is a goal ~80 minutes (80 minutes means 10 mins left, means if you're losing, you go more offensive, and vice versa, and if you keep your tactics from the opening kick off, then yes, there will be an imbalance, and yes, a goal is likely).

I just won the league cup with a freekick in the 120(+2) minute of the game to beat Arsenal 2-1.

Always nice to beat the Arsenal and what a way to do it :thup:

Yeah the crossbar issue is abit of a pain but it doesn't bother me that much tbh.

Always nice to beat the Arsenal and what a way to do it :thup:

Yeah the crossbar issue is abit of a pain but it doesn't bother me that much tbh.

Was a good way to do it as last season they knocked me out of the FA cup and the champions league. The best thing was 7 days latter the same player scored the winner to beat them 3-2 and knock them out of the FA Cup.

I mean in a normal league game

So does everyone else. Well, *I* do.

80mins, it's 1-1 and the team I'm playing against have shut up shop with a 4-5-1 formation. I match the formation, but go slow-pace, counter-attacking, normal mentality. 9/10 times I'll score between 85 and 92 mins. Then shut up shop myself.

80mins, it's 1-1 and the opposition DO NOT shut up shop, but push for a winner. I have a wacky 4-1-1-1-3 formation that I can set to long-passing, all-out-attacking mentality, which is slightly less effective, but nonetheless has won me important games against better opposition.

80mins, I'm winning 2-1. I drop to a 4-5-1 defensive, slow, short passing, counter-attacking tactic, slightly tweaked from the default with added time-wasting. Easily 9/10 times effective.

None of these are genius, intricate tactics. Sure, I've tweaked them a little each season, but ultimately it's just intuition and common sense.

People who struggle with this game seem to fall into one of two categories: 1) they are lazy and want to set their tactic in pre-season on day one, stick with it, and win all before them, and 2) they try TOO HARD, getting into the minutae of the match engine, positioning each player specifically, and setting each slider at very specific points when actually Never, Low, Normal, High and Maximum are all you really need.

Just match your tactic to the available players. Try starting with the default ones and tweak small things (I'd recommend setting your D-line from "push up" to "normal" as the first thing), and you WILL start to succeed. Tweak little things during the match, the passing style from "short" to "mixed", the pace from "normal" to "slow". It didn't take me long to get comfortable with this, and I'm pretty bad with games and technology.

I have two main problems currently with my game. It has already been discussed but I feel it is very UNREALISTIC about:

(1) The amount of times in a game when players shoot it hits the crossbar. I remember in one of my matches the crossbar was hit more than 10 times!!

(2)I remember another user mentioning this but you can NEVER EVER win in injury time!! You can get an equaliser but not a winner.

(3) Also what I have realised mostly in the game is that, a goal will be always be scored around the 80 mins. Thats not a problem but it is becoming obvious.

i usually score or concede in the first 10 in 90% of matches, very silly i must say

but, as for the last minute goals,t hast a tactic issue, you need to pause the game and focus 10 mins on preventing this by closing off all threats however your team is able.

Archived