Ok, Lets negotiate....

Thought id do a little test..... Put bids of 101mil and 98mil for Ibrahimovic and Cambiasso respectivley.....

But... oh no Inter want 202mil and 203mil respectivley.... How is that fair? How is this game working these things out? No one in there right mind would negotiate to that amount....

Absolutley ridiculous....

It's their way of telling you they don't want to sell them. Inter don't want to negotiate so they quote you a ridiculous price. The reason the price was so high is because your offer was so high. If a club doesn't want to sell, they will quote you a price that is far higher than your offer. If your offer is stupidly high, their response will be stupidly high.

Really poor test by the OP, in my opinion.

Man City were quoted very high prices for Kaka, but that's not really a good example because City are a special case.

The point is, it is common practice for a club to try and put off prospective buyers for players they don't want to sell by quoting a vastly higher price than the offer. Therefore, if you offer more than £100m for a player and his club don't want to sell, you'll get quoted a ridiculously high price in response.

Thought id do a little test..... Put bids of 101mil and 98mil for Ibrahimovic and Cambiasso respectivley.....

But... oh no Inter want 202mil and 203mil respectivley.... How is that fair? How is this game working these things out? No one in there right mind would negotiate to that amount....

...Absolutely realistic ! :D

Just a couple of days ago, after Ibra's interview about his future, Mr. Moratti (chairman of Inter FC) said "every player has his price", so the point is not "if" Inter Fc is ready to sell him but how much a team is ready to pay for him...

So the question is : does FM know Mr Moratti or does Mr. Moratti play FM ? :D

it definitely wasn't city and kaka, it will come to me! I do the same thing mind, if my player wants to talk but i don't want to sell, rather than saying no and him being unhappy, i negotiate to stupid amounts so they withdraw, if i do it i say let the AI do it!

it definitely wasn't city and kaka, it will come to me! I do the same thing mind, if my player wants to talk but i don't want to sell, rather than saying no and him being unhappy, i negotiate to stupid amounts so they withdraw, if i do it i say let the AI do it!

I think this is what you're after. :)

"Bayern Munich have warned potential buyers that their inspirational midfielder Franck Ribéry is not for sale. "We stand by what we have said," insisted the Bayern chairman, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. "We are not prepared to enter any discussions on Ribéry no matter how high the offer." Team manager Uli Höness said it would take €150m (£139m) "to even start thinking about it". The Frenchman has been outstanding for Bayern, who are well placed domestically and in the knockout stages of the Champions League."

i've notiated a few bids quite well. you have to be strong and not move far from your initial bid as well as being patient and allow the bidding process to cover quite a few in game weeks.

also, i doubt that inter actually want to sell their players but are basically saying 'every player has their price'. if you want him then thats the price.

I think this is what you're after. :)

"Bayern Munich have warned potential buyers that their inspirational midfielder Franck Ribéry is not for sale. "We stand by what we have said," insisted the Bayern chairman, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. "We are not prepared to enter any discussions on Ribéry no matter how high the offer." Team manager Uli Höness said it would take €150m (£139m) "to even start thinking about it". The Frenchman has been outstanding for Bayern, who are well placed domestically and in the knockout stages of the Champions League."

Genius! thank you kind sir, i can go to bed now!

And now Man City have bought Gareth Barry for 29 mill!!

Ridiculous.... Although i have found that Villa extort teams somewhat

Not ridiculous.

City will, as I've already said in this thread, be quoted high prices because they are a special case. On this occasion, they paid it.

In game terms, if your scout tells you the owning team isn't likely to sell due to the player's importance to the club, the only way to get him would be to go ridiculous. Make an offer the board can't refuse, because the manager will ask far more than that...

Used to be a nice trick to negotiate to avoid a player being unhappy, but I'm sure I've seen player still get unhappy if you negotiate (even if its just a small difference).

Indeed, if my player indicates he'd like to discuss terms with the other team and I try to negotiate the deal (even when it's just to sweeten the pot with a friendly) they'll throw a fit about not being allowed to move.

Indeed, if my player indicates he'd like to discuss terms with the other team and I try to negotiate the deal (even when it's just to sweeten the pot with a friendly) they'll throw a fit about not being allowed to move.

That sounds bad i agree. Wouldn't it be more realistic to make the player happy since you have started negotiations with the other team? I mean how often is the opening bid the same as the final bid? I doubt many clubs accept any first bids and more often than not try and negotiate. Obviously if the negotiations fall thru, the player should be angry.

I know that, but Gareth Barry isnt worth that amount of money!

Well Villa rejected bids upwards $15M pounds from Arsenal and Liverpool in the past window in real life. So if we talk about the richest club in the world and the bid actually did got accepted, then the figure sounds just about right.

Barry is simply the best english central midfielder that would go to City; Lamps, Cole, Sucksrrard would not had signed even if their clubs accepted the offer.

Dunno about you, but if you put silly bids in for players, the manager might think you're actually insane and ask for more - after all, if you're bidding three times the amount for players, it wouldn't be unlikely for them to ask for more because what's the extra money to you?

Inter are not exactly desperate for cash and therefore 100 million pounds for their players is meaningless since they don't want to sell. Look at Kaká and Manchester City.

If you start any bid high, you'll get taken to the cleaners.

Mind you, if I were the Inter manager, I'd ask for roughly that amount in return. After all, I'd be the Special One too.

I bet if you went back and offered around 85mil they would come back with a lower negotiation. Another one of the AI's little 'moments' .......

"so you offered 15m before and we counter offered 30m. Now you are offering 10m you say? That isnt how negotiation works, is it? Oh, I guess it must be, therefore i'll counter with 23m"

Archived