U18-players available for reserves

I have tried to search for an answer, without success. I am playing a PL team in England.

The selection "Make available for reserves" (on or off) works fine for 1st team and reserve team players. For my U18-players it don't seem to work at all. U18-players always get picked for reserves if my assistant manager wants them. That is even if I have put the "Make avaiable for reserves" option on off. The only way to stop my U18 players to participate in a reserve team match, if they get picked, is if I put them into my 1st team just before the match.

Any ideas what I do wrong or if it isn't supposed to work the way I think at all?

I'm guessing your assman is in charge of your reserve team.

I pay close attention to my reserves and U18 games; even though my assman runs the match, I always go to the squad screen the day before or morning of the match and put in the players I want. Occasionally he alters my line-up but not much providing I get in there first.

Yes, my assistant manager runs the team. I will try to pick the team before him. It would be easier then moving all U18 players I want to rest from a reserve match to the 1st team.

Anyone know why setting "Available for reserve squad" = off don't work for U18-players for me?

Archived