Will I Be In Europe?

Sorry if this has been asked before but i've never been in this situation until this season:

Playing an old FM07 game and I've just taken charge of a failing Man City in 2024. The best position we can hope for is 16th (although relegation is also a strong possibility), but I am in the FA Cup final against Man Utd.

Now, I don't expect to beat Man U, but since they are 9 points clear at the top with 3 games to go they look like winning the league easily, they are also in the final of the CL (I'm fairly certain, or at least still alive in the semis).

So, if Man U win the league and/or win the CL, will I qualify for Europe regardless of the result of the FA Cup? I hope so, I really could do with the money, for some reason the club is broke!

Thanks in advance guys.

Yes. Man Utd will be in the ChL as league winner, and you will be UEFA participant due to being in a final with an already qualified team.

Edit: Special note. Even if Man Utd don't win the league, you will still be in UEFA cup. ChL qualification>UEFA.

FWIW, i'm pretty sure the rule Ben is referring to is that if the runner up in FA Cup has also qualified/qualifies for any European competition through league position etc THEN it goes to the highest ranked team that doesn't qualify. Otherwise the spot goes to the runner up!

Archived