A small idea for next FM..

I was just doing some experimenting on FMRTE, gave Liverpool billions to spend and 100mil a week wage budget and I made a bid for John Terry with Liverpool.. 74mil bid got accepted then got to the contract

he wasnt interested, so i offered my max to him for everything, which was about 575k a week wages, 30mil signing on bonus, 120k appearence bonus and 120k goal bonus

But then he rejected..

So basically my idea is - FM needs to make money talk more.. its been this way for too long I've found, especially concerning high rep players going to lower rep clubs (I had also edited Liverpool's rep to 9700)

Another example of this, I posted a while ago, was when I offered about 120k a week wages to Lucas and offered him a key role - something he would most probably accept in real life to move to Man City

Obviously we see some examples the other way in real life, like Kaka rejecting Man City despite high wage offer - but I think when it gets to 575k a week etc. for John Terry to move to a club that he should see as a much higher rep than Chelsea, then it just seems ridiculous

Thoughts?

i duno, if higher rep players are gettin paid an astonishing salary at their club, would they really leave for a lower league team just for the money? i would've thought trophies meant more if they're already loaded anyway..

obviously there are exceptions to the rule

decent idea though

There are players who are so loyal to their clubs that they would never move for any kind of money e.g Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard, Alan Shearer. Anyways, you would never be able to offer players that ridiculous wage in the game without cheating. Unrealistic imo.

There are players who are so loyal to their clubs that they would never move for any kind of money e.g Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard, Alan Shearer. Anyways, you would never be able to offer players that ridiculous wage in the game without cheating. Unrealistic imo.

Everyone has their price...

Does it really matter with an edited game? Does it really prove anything? No, not really. The game is pretty well balanced as it is and as you've already acknowledged, some players prefer to stay where they are, regardless of what money is on the table.

What can help sign a player is praising them regularly in the media, commenting on their performances when you face them in matches, declaring interest.

Sometimes you just have to work at it a bit. IRL, Manchester United declared an interest in Berbatov, but it still took them over a year and a lot of haggling with Spurs to actually get him.

Everyone has their price...

No they don't.

Absoltely anyone would move to Liverpool (who i edited to have 9700 rep) for 575k a week, especially John Terry

And you know this how?

Money talks well enough on FM as it stands. And thankfully as well as those motivated by greed, there are also players modelled for whom money is not the primary motivation. Sometimes that motivation might be arrogance (being too good for the club that's offering an obscene wage), but at least it's not a system where only money talks. As that wouldn't be a fair reflection of real life.

John Terry is supposed to have been offered stupid money to go to Man Citeh next season, and he turned it down. As did Kaka. Money ISN'T everything, and if a player has a high loyalty hidden attribute this should rightly be taken into account in the game. Thus, I entirely agree with Cavenagh above.

No they don't.

Err yes they do. I'm not saying the amounts in this thread would definately persuade him, but it would be very likely. How about if he was offered £5 million/week, or £50 million/week or even £50 billion/week? Are you still going to pretend Mr Morals doesn't have a price?

Err yes they do. I'm not saying the amounts in this thread would definately persuade him, but it would be very likely. How about if he was offered £5 million/week, or £50 million/week or even £50 billion/week? Are you still going to pretend Mr Morals doesn't have a price?

Now you are talking science fiction. No players on Earth will ever have an offer of £5M/week.

And as said before, players can be loyal. Kaka' is an example, he got offered IRL what the OP did to JT, and he still turn them down. The image of him coming out from his window with the black and red Milan jersey close to his heart is something that I will never forget.

Sorry mate, but I think everyone realises if someone like Man U had come in offering him 200k a week to play for them he would've jumped at the chance

And this goes to my point, I had given Liverpool a rep of 9700 which would be the highest rep club in the game - then offered him 550k a week with the 30mil signing on fee, 120k appearence bonus etc.

This also happened with Evra btw

Now you are talking science fiction. No players on Earth will ever have an offer of £5M/week.

And as said before, players can be loyal. Kaka' is an example, he got offered IRL what the OP did to JT, and he still turn them down. The image of him coming out from his window with the black and red Milan jersey close to his heart is something that I will never forget.

You've completely missed the point of my post. I'm saying everyone has their price, whether they would ever get offered that amount is irrelevant.

You've completely missed the point of my post. I'm saying everyone has their price, whether they would ever get offered that amount is irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant to this thread. I imagine certain players in FM are VERY hard to get (purposely) and rightly so. Point is, without cheating - no one would ever be able to offer him half a million a week.

It's not irrelevant to this thread. I imagine certain players in FM are VERY hard to get (purposely) and rightly so.

But as i said before, it is irrelevant to my point. I've neither agreed nor disagreed that JT would go to Liverpool for £500k/week. But what i do disagree with is people saying that a some players would never leave no matter how much money they're offered - this is quite simply wrong.

Point is, without cheating - no one would ever be able to offer him half a million a week.

Don't confuse the improbable with the impossible.

There are certain players that are expected to play out the rest of their careers at their club.

John Terry is one of them, which is why he won't move in the game.

And let me guess, David Beckham was one too...until he moved irl. I've never been a fan of these artificial barriers placed into the game.

But as i said before, it is irrelevant to my point. I've neither agreed nor disagreed that JT would go to Liverpool for £500k/week. But what i do disagree with is people saying that a some players would never leave no matter how much money they're offered - this is quite simply wrong.

It's neither wrong nor right.

Don't confuse the improbable with the impossible.

I fail to see how anyone would get enough money in the bank to beable to offer JT 500k a week considering he is 28 already. It's simply the way the game is programmed and without cheating (or somehow racking up an insane amount of money) then it's not a problem IMO.

Well how about the Lucas example? He would definitely leave to join Man City for 120k a week as a key player - why stay at Liverpool on 20k a week as backup? Money needs to talk, not entirely, but more than it does now.. at the moment reputation means more than money

And let me guess, David Beckham was one too...until he moved irl. I've never been a fan of these artificial barriers placed into the game.

We can only exist on the information that exists in real life. If we didn't then the game would have NO realism at all. Terry's said that he will see out the remainder of his career at Chelsea and wouldn't ever consider playing for anyone else. This is an important data issue and has to be included in the game.

It's neither wrong nor right.

I fail to see how anyone would get enough money in the bank to beable to offer JT 500k a week considering he is 28 already. It's simply the way the game is programmed and without cheating (or somehow racking up an insane amount of money) then it's not a problem IMO.

My points were mainly focusing on real life, and actually i do beleive JT would move for £500k/week.

However, i agree it is extremely unlikely that anyone could genuinely offer this money in the game, so it's not something worth worrying about.

But i don't like the idea that certain players are impossible to sign, even if the money offered is unrealistic.

We can only exist on the information that exists in real life. If we didn't then the game would have NO realism at all. Terry's said that he will see out the remainder of his career at Chelsea and wouldn't ever consider playing for anyone else. This is an important data issue and has to be included in the game.

How about you use the same levels of certainty in the game as in real-life?

Make it very difficult to sign someone like Terry, but not impossible. Because nobody knows what the future holds and circumstances can change quickly - as proven by Mr Beckham.

Quick question about this,

So lets say I am Real Madrid, won La Liga for the last 5 years. Chelsea lost loads of money, and all their best players. Terry stayed, but they were still relegated.

Would he still stay? Because in real life Chelsea would probably ask him to move, to save money on wages and to earn transfer money.

Quick question about this,

So lets say I am Real Madrid, won La Liga for the last 5 years. Chelsea lost loads of money, and all their best players. Terry stayed, but they were still relegated.

Would he still stay? Because in real life Chelsea would probably ask him to move, to save money on wages and to earn transfer money.

That's a difficult one, Since he is loyal to his club, i would say he would move to help chelsea, or he would offer to take a lower paying contract.

How about you use the same levels of certainty in the game as in real-life?

Make it very difficult to sign someone like Terry, but not impossible. Because nobody knows what the future holds and circumstances can change quickly - as proven by Mr Beckham.

If it is impossible, I don't think it should be either :thup:

I would imagine that reputation would kick in and he would move but thats a guess.

Archived