Remembering opposition instructions?

Not sure if this is the right section for this idea and apologies if it has already been suggested/mentioned.

Personally, I get a bit fed up setting up the opposition instructions (oi) for 5 or 6 players for every game. Especially when you play the team over two legs and have to check each players acceleration, bravery and preferred foot again before setting the OI when you've done fairly recently.

Surely, it would be a lot better if there was a setting in preferences to remember the settings for each player. At least then you could easily check to see what the settings were last time you played and either change them or keep them.

Good idea or crap idea?

I get a bit peeved about this too, but if the oposition changes tactics AND a player, 'remembering' a position may then become a problem.

Personally I'd rather have the system remember it, but you just know if they changed things there'd be a rant or two about losing matches because of it.

It's weird really because I have a save where it does "remember" my Opposition Instructions. How this came to pass, I've absolutely no idea. On my other save, it never remembers OI's.

Discussed this in another thread where general thoughts were that if you save the game, or your tactics just before the game on the match day tactics screen, it "stores" the OI's. I've never had this happen myself when I've tried, which makes the save where my OI's are stored more puzzling as to how it's happened.

If anyone knows for sure how you can store OI's, then I'm sure we would all like to know. :D

I can understand why people get frustrated at having to set up OI's all the time. But I don't think the settings should be remembered. It should be different for every match you play and its rare to play the same club, with the same team right after just playing them.

Archived