23 Coaches

What sort of structure do you mean? I'm no expert, but the best approach is generally to find the best available coaches in each category, then just have the others all helping out over all the categories. No point getting 1st or Youth coaches, a normal coach will do both.

Since you can have so many coaches there is something you should think about. How big do you plan on making your squad. If you are going to have a small squad then it doesnt really matter but if you are going to have a big squad, thats where you start. Somehow I always end up with a giant squad and can have 22 - 24 coaches depending on what team.

I start with 1 coach for each category with 2 for fitness, no brainer really. After that, I look at how may players in each position I have or will have. I usually end up with 2 GK coaches, sometimes 3, 3 Fitness coaches, 2 - 3 for set pieces, and go for 2 in each category and stop there. If I need more then I add more to whatever area needs them. If you have a small squad then having that many coaches is worthless and only wastes your wages.

As long as the worklaod is light then you should be good. The other thing to keep in mind when you have more than one coach, the coach with the best ratings is what the training is graded on. So if you have two coaches doing tactics, one is a 6 star and the other is a 4 star, the rating will be 6 stars for the best coach.

Hope that rambling helps you somehow

What sort of structure do you mean? I'm no expert, but the best approach is generally to find the best available coaches in each category, then just have the others all helping out over all the categories. No point getting 1st or Youth coaches, a normal coach will do both.

I found that certain youth coaches will have an extra star for each training category over a normal coach for youth training. No, my formula calculations arent off or anything. I reckon its something to do with him having 20 at working with youngsters. I posted a thread about this several days ago but nobody added anything meaningful.

Useless you can say for a fact that a youth coach does nothing extra for youth training, please dont post a wild opinion

Scouting knowledge? That's what my coaches are used for.

If you can't get 7-star training from 23 coaches...

I might do that actually

But getting all 7* on 9.0.3 isnt that easy tbh

Since you can have so many coaches there is something you should think about. How big do you plan on making your squad. If you are going to have a small squad then it doesnt really matter but if you are going to have a big squad, thats where you start. Somehow I always end up with a giant squad and can have 22 - 24 coaches depending on what team.

I start with 1 coach for each category with 2 for fitness, no brainer really. After that, I look at how may players in each position I have or will have. I usually end up with 2 GK coaches, sometimes 3, 3 Fitness coaches, 2 - 3 for set pieces, and go for 2 in each category and stop there. If I need more then I add more to whatever area needs them. If you have a small squad then having that many coaches is worthless and only wastes your wages.

As long as the worklaod is light then you should be good. The other thing to keep in mind when you have more than one coach, the coach with the best ratings is what the training is graded on. So if you have two coaches doing tactics, one is a 6 star and the other is a 4 star, the rating will be 6 stars for the best coach.

Hope that rambling helps you somehow

RE Senior Training

2 Fitness: 6* & 7*

3 Gk: 5*, 6* & 7* (Will let 5* go but he's world class as is the 6*, worth keeping?)

Tac: 6*

Ball: 5*

Def: 6*

Att: 5*

Shoot: 6*

Set: 5*

I have my assistant involved in all categories so he sees all players in different training. I'm hoping that this will give him a more rounded opinion of players

Obviously I can improve their star rating but thats a no brainer and their stats will change after getting them too

Do youth coaches have a bearing on the quality of your youth intake??

I do use first team coaches where a coach have a working with youngsters < 10

I found that certain youth coaches will have an extra star for each training category over a normal coach for youth training. No, my formula calculations arent off or anything. I reckon its something to do with him having 20 at working with youngsters. I posted a thread about this several days ago but nobody added anything meaningful.

Useless you can say for a fact that a youth coach does nothing extra for youth training, please dont post a wild opinion

"Wild opinion"? Christ.

I just had a look at that thread of yours. Have you got screenshots of what you're saying? I ask, because I was under the impression that it was taken as given that there were no differences between the coaching given to senior and youth players. That said, there were seemingly a lot of people who thought they 'knew' that seven-stars on the old system was the best, and that turned out not to be the case.

"Wild opinion"? Christ.

I just had a look at that thread of yours. Have you got screenshots of what you're saying? I ask, because I was under the impression that it was taken as given that there were no differences between the coaching given to senior and youth players. That said, there were seemingly a lot of people who thought they 'knew' that seven-stars on the old system was the best, and that turned out not to be the case.

Why would I make something up??

Fine, if you dont believe me here they are

74125829.jpg

22949117.jpg

I have double checked my formula calculation, either

the formulas are not being adjusted for youth coaches or I have a bug. SI guys didnt post to say it was weird or look for evidence to rule out a bug so I reckon there is a significance in the type of coaching role and working with youngsters attribute but nobody has mentioned it or the role type has been dismissed by people as just a cost saving exercise

Do youth coaches have a bearing on the quality of your youth intake??

I've asked this question a few times in the last week or so and had no replies; I'm going to try an experiment with it at the end of this season.

Not sure I've ever seen a coach have a higher star rating because of high Working With Youngsters, but I've certainly seen them have a lower rating for a low attribute, so it's in the calculation somewhere or other.

Either way, the AI clubs hire youth coaches and that's a realistic reflection of how real clubs work, so either there's something in it or the AI is self-penalising :confused:

I've asked this question a few times in the last week or so and had no replies; I'm going to try an experiment with it at the end of this season.

Not sure I've ever seen a coach have a higher star rating because of high Working With Youngsters, but I've certainly seen them have a lower rating for a low attribute, so it's in the calculation somewhere or other.

Either way, the AI clubs hire youth coaches and that's a realistic reflection of how real clubs work, so either there's something in it or the AI is self-penalising :confused:

Is the attacking formula here wrong?

Work it out yourself and see if you get the same calculation as me for attack (166), please!!

I've checked all calculations from that link and its accurate for 1st team coaches and coaches and assistants, strange that youth coaching be different unless...

Also the 2nd coach on that schedule is John Park, he's the team manager and I have him involved in all training bar gk.

Also, I have noticed youths having favoured personnel amongst my staff, not all youth coaches but alot which is interesting

I'm allowed 23 coaches at the moment but I'm struggling to think of a coaching structure that would maximise the amount of personnel I'm allowed and benefit my players.

Any ideas?

As you realise, you need 9 of the best to get maximum stars in each category. In 9.3.0 not all the categories have a 9-star coach in the database, so you get the best you can.

And the rest? I'd go for up-and-coming coaches - young ex-players who may have big potential. They can double up with the experienced coaches who tend to be on the senior side. That way, when your primary coach retires, the younger one may have developed enough to replace him without losing quality.

As you realise, you need 9 of the best to get maximum stars in each category. In 9.3.0 not all the categories have a 9-star coach in the database, so you get the best you can.

And the rest? I'd go for up-and-coming coaches - young ex-players who may have big potential. They can double up with the experienced coaches who tend to be on the senior side. That way, when your primary coach retires, the younger one may have developed enough to replace him without losing quality.

9 Star?

I'm clued up about star ratings and the 9.3.0 patch. I'm not looking for people to point out good staff to me.

I'm wondering why the game is allowing me 23 coaches, whats expected here beside to over inflate the wage bill if its implemented badly.

Whats a good blend of 1st team coaches, coaches and youth coaches.

Again I point out that I've a youth academy and I'm wondering if more good youth coaches will yield a good youth intake or is there an upper limit and I should follow what Man United and Madrid are doing. Since I have a bigger allowance, will the game allow me to completely destroy them or does it have an inbuilt limit.

I've pointed out a difference in the perception of youth coaching unless its another cosmetic screwup, no SI guys have asked about it so I'm assuming it isnt. Surely they'd want the save or something or acknowledge the bug? Maybe not but to not fix a known issue properly is shoddy at best.

How do you determine if an ex player has big potential?

Jiggy, as far as I can see, any more than 9 coaches is pure overkill. There is no 'value-added' to hiring extra youth or fitness coaches. That's why I say use up-and-coming coaches as fillers.

How you determine whether an inexperienced coach has big potential? 3 ways. (i) use an editor and cheat, (ii) take a wild guess, (iii) go for people you know who look like they should have a real future in coaching, like St. Solskjaer!

If you are allowed 23 coaches then it may be best to sign at least one first team (or general coach) and one youth coach for each training cat and then 4 fitness coaches, 2 Keeper coaches - so each coach is only assigned to one area and either the first team or youth team, that is provided you can find enough good quality coaches, adding more if certain areas have lots of players, then if your wage budget allows fill the rest with staff who have knowledge of areas you don't or want.

Regarding McCart I work out his attack rating at 166 points also, do any of your other youth only coaches give a boost to training?

I've checked other youth coaches (working with youngsters is 19-20) very quickly and there is certain categories on each that are +1 star rating than the calculated by the formulas and its effecting different categories for each coach and its usually the lower end of the scale but thats from a quick check

Finding good players that just have retired might be a time sapping exercise

Archived