Board Disappointed In Signings

Ok so I usually manage Everton, meaning not having virtually any money to spend on established players, so 99% of the time I am looking at buying cheap youngsters. Now though, I get messages at the end of the month saying that the board are disappointed with the signing of "Player x", when he hasnt played for the first team, and is in my reserves or U18s squads, because he is only 16 or 17. Is this normal or am I going wrong somewhere?

I wonder what the difficulty is though, if you ask me there is a very simply solution. Every time you sign a player you have to give a press conference. The larger the name of the player, the larger the press conference. The object of that press conference would be that you will be able to tell everybody (the media, the fans and the board) what the squad status of that player will be.

If you buy Kaka for example, you will have to tell everybody in the press conference that he will be a key player. This will then create high expectations of the fans, the media and the board. They will immediately judge him, giving you as a manager and him as the signing a lot of pressure, which you and the player will have to deal with.

If you buy an 20-year-old winger, you should be able to tell everybody in that press conference that he will start as a backup player, meaning that people wont judge him on his first, let's say, 10 appearances.

If you buy a 17-year-old central defender, you should be able to tell everybody that he's a hot prospect for the future, meaning that they wont judge him the first season.

I would love to have that feature and I don't think it should be too difficult to include it in the game.

I wonder what the difficulty is though, if you ask me there is a very simply solution. Every time you sign a player you have to give a press conference. The larger the name of the player, the larger the press conference. The object of that press conference would be that you will be able to tell everybody (the media, the fans and the board) what the squad status of that player will be.

If you buy Kaka for example, you will have to tell everybody in the press conference that he will be a key player. This will then create high expectations of the fans, the media and the board. They will immediately judge him, giving you as a manager and him as the signing a lot of pressure, which you and the player will have to deal with.

If you buy an 20-year-old winger, you should be able to tell everybody in that press conference that he will start as a backup player, meaning that people wont judge him on his first, let's say, 10 appearances.

If you buy a 17-year-old central defender, you should be able to tell everybody that he's a hot prospect for the future, meaning that they wont judge him the first season.

I would love to have that feature and I don't think it should be too difficult to include it in the game.

Good idea, but to some extent it's already there with the "squad status" setting when you're offering a contract. Now if only the expectations would take it into account...

Archived