My 'B' Team keeps buying me rubbish players!

I'm the manager of Sheffield Utd and wanted to have a local low level team to send my youth players too without them balking at playing in such a low league. I also wanted to have the option of sending/recalling them throughout the season if they were doing well similar to the Spanish league. I eventually chose Harrogate and arranged it in the editor.

It worked out quite well in the first few seasons but over the past few years (since getting to the Prem League and having 30mill transfer budget these random players started appearing in my Sheff Utd 1st team. These players are usually about 20k-50k and from League 1 but that's not what annoys me, it's the fact they get signed to 5 year 30k per week deals!

I currently have 9 of these sponges in my reserves the worst an 18 year old awful striker from Sheff Wed, bought for 100k, and on 66k per week wages for 5 years!!! His 2 career goals really justify the 3.4 millions he's gonna get in wages off me.

Is there any way to stop these bums draining 210k per week off me?

I honestly dont get what your saying, Sheffield United has random players signed for them by their B Team, and pays them high wages, its either a bug or "I'll have whatever your drinking"

Whose actually confirming the buys, is your chairman going above your head in transfer dealings?

This seems unbelievable. Surely its just you who make the purchases. Look at the player history.

However......

Have you gone on holiday perhaps and allowed the Ass man to buy and sell on your behalf? This I think is the only way this could happen

Go to team settings, see if there are any options to control transfers for your B team. Bare in mind that if you do that then you will be in control of who goes in and out of the team.

Renewals and Sales are both off for Harrogate

and Renewals are off for First Team, Reserves and U18's

This seems unbelievable. Surely its just you who make the purchases. Look at the player history.

However......

Have you gone on holiday perhaps and allowed the Ass man to buy and sell on your behalf? This I think is the only way this could happen

Nope I don't go on Holiday and it's happened for 3 seasons now

I think maybe it's because I have a lot of wage budget to spare

If you haven't gone on holiday then these players can either only have:

a) been bought by you

b) been bought by the manager before you

c) been promoted from the U18 squad

Also check you manager options as its possible the Ass Man renewed the players contract for you and allowed a high salary

I I only allow the ass man to negotiate U18 contracts

its a weird one

i had a funny thing in an FM or CM ages ago where i had employed Ryan Giggs as player/assistant manager for me at newcastle, his non-player stats were awesome so someone came in for him to be a manager, i offered him a new contract to stay, but somehow he became manager, the same as me, and kept buying rubbish players, i couldnt fire him either!

Sounds like the same bug in the Spanish league on patch 9.20. I'm pretty sure it was resolved for the Spanish league on 9.3.0, however I don't think this has been looked for the English league as you are not supposed to have a "B" team.

You can't even go complain to SI to fix this as you just plain cheated and add yourself a "B" team. Resolution: don't cheat.

Look at the bottom of the screen shots, he's still in England.

Strange. Yet he edited Harrogate to be his B club. How that?

So maybe the bug he is experiencing is not related to Spain but rather to B clubs. Just strange that I never read anything about this happening anywhere in Germany.

And I thought this was fixed with the last patch, so I wonder which one he is on...

Strange. Yet he edited Harrogate to be his B club. How that?

So maybe the bug he is experiencing is not related to Spain but rather to B clubs. Just strange that I never read anything about this happening anywhere in Germany.

And I thought this was fixed with the last patch, so I wonder which one he is on...

He used the editor, and made Harrogate his affiliation, being a B team affiliation.

I'm on the 9.2 patch. Harrogate are my B team like Castilla are the B team to Real Madrid.

Please don't go on about how I 'cheat', it makes the game more enjoyable for me and that's all that counts.

I like sending my decent youth out to Harrogate (Now in League 1) to give them experience but like to have the option to recall them for a game or 2 if i'm low on players or if they've shown good form. Also I like to play my reserve GK in my B team so they don't have to sit on the bench year after year and if my GK gets injured back they come.

Harrogate are my B team like Castilla are the B team to Real Madrid.

This is definitely the problem. Whoever is managing the B team is buying the players and you can't disable it because English teams aren't supposed to have B times so there is no box for you to uncheck. Go into the editor and change Harrogate to a feeder club.

Archived