Can anyone help.. keep being sacked!

helo their.. im not sure if this is the right section for this but im in need of some help.

ive started four different seasons now as newcastle utd and in 3 i have struggled to stay in the job past the jan transfer window and the latest game i managed to complete a season but got sacked in the following october.

ive been playing standard tactics (442 attacking + 442 defensive) and have brought in some good players but struggle to pull of any sort of convincing form. The odd results have gone my way but find it so fustrating to be losing 3-0 to weaker teams like hull and westbrom.

any ideas or help?

just ask if you need any more info from me.

thanks alot.

It Depends my friend, if you keep getting taken over. Because if your board gets taken over, which it usually does. You probably will get sacked as your unknown to the new board really. Like In real life. If a club gets taken over, and the new owners dont like you. *Sven with Whats his face City Chairman*

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Try looking there for tactics tips.

Also, when you feel like you are not in a very good position, try asking your chairman for time to turn results around.

Tell your team at half time that you are unhappy, try to buck their ideas up, and critisise players' form.

Also, it is going to take time for new players to settle into the squad and gel with other teammates.

From my experience, Newcastle's first area to improve is the defence, and I always buy defensive players before attacking.

I've recently started as Newcastle and after 7 league game without a win i changed to a 4-1-4-1 formation and it did the trick and i came back to finish 11th. Just started my 2nd season keeping with that formation and im 5th ten games in. About the comments about Newcastle's defense it may be true in real life but on the game it's one of the best in the league.

helo their.. im not sure if this is the right section for this but im in need of some help.

ive started four different seasons now as newcastle utd and in 3 i have struggled to stay in the job past the jan transfer window and the latest game i managed to complete a season but got sacked in the following october.

ive been playing standard tactics (442 attacking + 442 defensive) and have brought in some good players but struggle to pull of any sort of convincing form. The odd results have gone my way but find it so fustrating to be losing 3-0 to weaker teams like hull and westbrom.

any ideas or help?

just ask if you need any more info from me.

thanks alot.

HEY!! I'm a WBA fan lol, but no seriously search for TT&F in the forums by a poster named WWFAN, it helped me out and I'm enjoying the game again now. It even has exactly whatyour looking for!! a section called something like 'my team are performing like world beatsers one game then get hammered the next' I had the exact same problem but had less patience than you and kept starting new games. Hope TT&F can help you as much as it helped me.

sorry about that skorp.. ive had a read and understand..

thanks everyone else for the help, i really cant understand what im doing wrong, and apart from enrique the defence really isnt that bad.. a top cb has to be an important buy though. ill inversitage the 4-1-4-1 system but not sure about a lone striker?

and im sure theirs nothing changed with the board.. its never said anything and im sure an important change like that would be notified in my inbox.

ill have a good long read at the tactics area then... maybe my players dont fit the formation i play? but im pretty sure thats not the reason.

any more help or anybody with experience newcastle would be greatfully appricitaed as im sure ive read some pretty successful nufc teams.

sorry about that skorp.. ive had a read and understand..

thanks everyone else for the help, i really cant understand what im doing wrong, and apart from enrique the defence really isnt that bad.. a top cb has to be an important buy though. ill inversitage the 4-1-4-1 system but not sure about a lone striker?

Don't worry about only having a single striker. I used to shy away from that kind of system until recently and as long as your striker can hold up the ball well your midfield will chip in on the goal side.

I also recommend the tactical forum, wwfan put together an awesome guide in there if you've got time to read up.

get rid of average players on huge wages, use the wage budget to buy new players, win everything, simple!!

im always Newcastle, Inter, and Bristol - this is my 1st season of my new save, and might be the 1st time i dont get newcaslte into Champ league 1st season!

Newcastle is not as hard as people think. I havent changed the defence at all and i'm currently 4 after 14 games with the second best defence in the league despite a 3-0 hammering at Chelski. I'm not scoring enough goals but that may be down to the fact that i have rebuilt the enitre midfield and attack with youngsters. Also i'm playing a very defensive 4-4-2 until the team gels. I expect at least a top six finish 1 season everytime.

Key tips. Sell off the dead wood to release wages and transfer funds

Buy some good youngsters

Play Defensive until the team gels

Archived