Tactics Screen

This is probably a really silly question but something has been buging me for a while now. When I am choosing my team for an upcoming match on the Tactics screen I cant seem have the players sorted by position. What I mean is, when I sort by position and select a player for an upcoing match, it no longer auto-places them into my first eleven. This is quite hard to explain, previously when I had players sorted by position, and I selected them, they would automatically move up into my first team. This no longer happens. I think i have clicked something. Now when I select the player when they are sorted by position, that just have what position they are playing in the small box next to them. And if, after I have picked my team and subs, I then sort the players by the Picked column, the players not selected are no longer sorted by position.

I hope someone has an inkling of what my tired brain is trying to convey here. And can help :D

This is probably a really silly question but something has been buging me for a while now. When I am choosing my team for an upcoming match on the Tactics screen I cant seem have the players sorted by position. What I mean is, when I sort by position and select a player for an upcoing match, it no longer auto-places them into my first eleven. This is quite hard to explain, previously when I had players sorted by position, and I selected them, they would automatically move up into my first team. This no longer happens. I think i have clicked something. Now when I select the player when they are sorted by position, that just have what position they are playing in the small box next to them. And if, after I have picked my team and subs, I then sort the players by the Picked column, the players not selected are no longer sorted by position.

I hope someone has an inkling of what my tired brain is trying to convey here. And can help :D

While I do get what you mean by your players moving in relation to eachother so that when you have picked your 11 starters they are arranged neatly in order from the gk at the top to your striker(s) at the bottom, I'm not sure why this would no longer be the case. I'll have a bit of a tinker around with my tactics screen and if I stumble across a solution I'll post back here with it for you. Sorry I can't be of more assistance in the meantime.

Update I have found that when I have sorted players by position then before started choosing who goes in my starting 11 I click on the names of the columns above each player, eg last 5 games, condition position etc, it stops them from moving when they are elected. So what you have to do is click on the tab marked 'views and select positions, then after that start selecting your first 11 without clicking on the column header marked positions....having read this back to myself I realise my answer may be even more confusing than your original question, if that is the case for you just post here and I will attempt to explain what I mean a bit better:thup:

While I do get what you mean by your players moving in relation to eachother so that when you have picked your 11 starters they are arranged neatly in order from the gk at the top to your striker(s) at the bottom, I'm not sure why this would no longer be the case. I'll have a bit of a tinker around with my tactics screen and if I stumble across a solution I'll post back here with it for you. Sorry I can't be of more assistance in the meantime.

Update I have found that when I have sorted players by position then before started choosing who goes in my starting 11 I click on the names of the columns above each player, eg last 5 games, condition position etc, it stops them from moving when they are elected. So what you have to do is click on the tab marked 'views and select positions, then after that start selecting your first 11 without clicking on the column header marked positions....having read this back to myself I realise my answer may be even more confusing than your original question, if that is the case for you just post here and I will attempt to explain what I mean a bit better:thup:

cheers mate

Such an easy fix aswell. I must have tried every other combination.... thanks again, thats sorted it.

Archived