Finished 4th in league but NOT in Champions League

I am quite sure this is a bug.......

I finished 4th in my first season with Man City and also won the F.A Cup. Now in my 2nd season awaiting qualifying rounds for Champions league i find i have been entered into the Europa League as it is now. Surely this has got to be a bug and the 4th place premier league finish should have prioritised over the F.A Cup European place??? Any ideas????

Also if i recall correctly when Liverpool won the CL irl and finished 5th they entered through the qualifying rounds and the top four teams still entered????

That was why the rules changed. Even though the winner is guaranteed a place in the next season's competition, no one foresaw that a team would win the CL but not automatically qualify through league position anyway. Because UEFA didn't want 5 teams from 1 country competing in the CL again, they changed the rules to include this

its a good rule as the winner should be able to defend their title, but Liverpool should not have been allowed to participate that year after finishing 5th because they did not meet the requirement, simple as that. im glad it was changed because that was just a joke.

Archived