Why is it so difficult to arrange a friendly?

All you have to do is go into the fixtures page & click arrange friendly, it's not that difficult.

If you want to play the top teams they keep turning you down. it's pre-season. I want the odd glamour friendly.

Try to book them as early as possible and check the team that you want to play's fixture list to make sure it's not too near another friendly they have, or the start of a competitive game.

You might find that if your a really low profile club that the really high profile teams just won't play you.

when arrange pre-season friendly it would be better if we could select the date type of friendly (home / away / tour etc) and then ask the game to supply a list of teams who are available and interesting in playing us.

there is nothing worse than finding a team who is available arrange a friendly only to get a news item saying they have rejected the offer of a friendly.

Maybe you're arranging them a little too late and the teams you are asking for already have their pre-season planned out.

To be fair I do try to arrange friendlies just a couple of days before I play them which makes this a good idea....

when arrange pre-season friendly it would be better if we could select the date type of friendly (home / away / tour etc) and then ask the game to supply a list of teams who are available and interesting in playing us.

there is nothing worse than finding a team who is available arrange a friendly only to get a news item saying they have rejected the offer of a friendly.

I'm not sure if its the same in this game, but in last season's game (and a few before that I believe) all AI team's friendly fixtures are generated on one day (can't remember the date). If you try to arrange after that date (i.e. when they will have 4-6 friendlies already arranged) then they'll probably deny your request. So you'd be best off getting your request in there before their friendlies have generated.

Btw, could anyone tell me if the way AI club's friendlies are generated is the same this version? I have FM09 but i'm yet to finish a full season. It annoyed me that in previous versions it doesn't take AI clubs a couple of weeks to find a few clubs, request them for a friendly, then slowly build a list of 5 friendlies for their pre-season. They way it used to work was that 5 of them just appear on one day. A minor problem, but it still bugged me somewhat.

Try arranging at home, and offer some money. You can arrange away and offer some money, but you'll be on the losing end. And it's always best to arrange early, maybe a week or two after the season ends.

Btw, could anyone tell me if the way AI club's friendlies are generated is the same this version? I have FM09 but i'm yet to finish a full season. It annoyed me that in previous versions it doesn't take AI clubs a couple of weeks to find a few clubs, request them for a friendly, then slowly build a list of 5 friendlies for their pre-season. They way it used to work was that 5 of them just appear on one day. A minor problem, but it still bugged me somewhat.

Yes, all the friendlies appear on one day.

Archived