Are My Club Trying To Tell Me Something? (Serious Answers Please)

So i took over Wycombe, after i realised with Greece and Poland, i'm not cut out for international management, at the point i took over, they were in financial difficulties, bottom of league 2, in just 5 seasons, i took them all the way to 3rd place in the premiership. I've given them a massive cash injection, selling my best players (most incredible young regens) and picking up youngsters in the national under 19 team's, In league 1 i was actually offered Newcastle job, i turned it down. I have been offered jobs at teams such as: Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Inter Milan & Celtic (Never would of accepted that anyway haha) but i turned them all down. I want to win the premiership with Wycombe, my intentions are pretty clear, the board say they like me and my job is secure, yet im still not a favoured personnel, icon, or ledgend, yet players such as Di Santo, who played for my club no less than just 28 occasions before being sold, is considered a favoured personnel, why not me?

It is very very very difficult to become a favoured personnel, icon or a legend in the game, judging by what people have said post 9.3.0 regarding this. I think that is should be hard to get on one of the lists, but not as hard as it is now. It is obvious that it needs some tweaking, as IRL you would easily be a legend. Also, dont worry - as just because you havent been added to one of these lists, your job shouldnt be under threat as long as your board confidence is ok.

Well in my opinion, not had success myself either. I have only been loyal. On the longest save yet, to be honest the team I am managing is not doing amazingly however, been promoted after quite a few seasons it has taken me to get up to the first division, been tipped for relegation for a while, not been relegated yet?

I too think I should be on the favourite personal list. For loyalty alone? Yours is much more impressive, maybe it has something to with being a National Manager 'Experiance' might be the deciding factor, you are going to have to suceed more, they are going to need blood from a stone. Your probably going to have to with the league, and several cups, x2 years running + The Champions League.

well im spurs, im in my 9th season, iv won 6 league titles, 4 champions leagues, and 3 fa cups and yet im still not on the bloody list!! i dont think u can get on it from my experiance.

Maybe it's a bit of a lucky dip then, it just happens randomly? Others have posted on here, that they've actually had success. On the forum somewhere.

i spent over 40 years dominating domestically and in europe with sociedad and only ever made it on there a couple of times to have found my name missing just a week or so later.

it makes the whole thing pointless. i'm in 2072 in my save and the only players above favoured personnel at any club are people from the 00s and 90s or massive players that are household names from before this period.

i don't normally bitch about fm but this is rather annoying.

well im spurs, im in my 9th season, iv won 6 league titles, 4 champions leagues, and 3 fa cups and yet im still not on the bloody list!! i dont think u can get on it from my experiance.

really? i'm on it after the first season, won league and uefa though (league through sheer luck; was 5th with 5-6 games to go and all of the teams above collapsed randomly)

It's really wierd how this seems to work? I'm not on my clubs favourtie personnel, but that doesn't bother me at all. Despite being there for 9 seasons and leading them to 2 promotions and European competition.

But last season, I had a young loan striker from Lyon, who was quite good, but never really featured. Played 12 League games, 9 of them as a sub. In his last game, he scores 4 goals in a great performance. It was the final game of the season for us and the result didn't matter, we were going to finish 3rd in the league anyway (Portugal Liga Sagres).

Now his a club favourite and about half my team has him as one of thier favourite personnel?? Hmmmm....Ok, nice performance, but it was only one game, for god's sake!. But he won't come back on loan anyway and I can't afford what Lyon is asking anyway. Very Strange??

Don't take it personally :)

Actually I thought that it was completely impossible for a human manager to get onto that list.

At least winning the Champions League with Newcastle wasn't enough for that either. (just imagine that happened irl - and compare this to what Kevin Keegan has achieved for them to become a legend)

It really does seem to be rather random as to getting on the favoured personnel list. In my current game, I've taken Wuxi Zhongbang from mid table in the Chinese First Division to Super League Champions in four seasons, and I'm on the list. Yet in other games I've had far more success without appearing on there.

Player wise it's just as odd. There are two of them alongside me (the club was only founded in 2002). One is a striker who played for 5 seasons, and broke all scoring and appearance records before becoming a coach for the club after he retired and fully deserves it. The other was a backup DC who had one good, though not exceptional, season when injuries gave him a chace to play 20-odd games where he averaged just over 7. Other than that, he only played about a dozen games, mostly as a sub.

i've started with a random professional background, applied to Braintree Town FC, was accepted. it took me 3 seasons to promote to blue square premiership (in the first season i was a relegation candidate, finished up in 11th, the next season the media prediction was 9th this time, i failed to promote in playoffs, in the third season i promoted as the runner up), the first season i was in blue square premiership i managed to win the league, straight up. in my first season in coca cola league 2 i lost the playoff finals in the penalty shootout, and failed to promote. i have just finished my sixth season in Braintree last night, managed to finish the league at the third place and promoted to coca cola league 1.

i am not still in the favoured personnel list. the club has a stadium of 4000, they used to play to 350 spectators or so, now the games are almost sold out. last year the club balance was a huge plus (this year i exceeded the wage budget which caused a slight minus). i have sold and bought many players in the past 6 years, but if i hadn't how would a local club based in exeter would promote 3 leagues up in only 6 seasons with literally no transfer budget?

i really am not looking to be a legend soon, but i really do believe i should have entered the favoured personnel list...

i've started with a random professional background, applied to Braintree Town FC, was accepted. it took me 3 seasons to promote to blue square premiership (in the first season i was a relegation candidate, finished up in 11th, the next season the media prediction was 9th this time, i failed to promote in playoffs, in the third season i promoted as the runner up), the first season i was in blue square premiership i managed to win the league, straight up. in my first season in coca cola league 2 i lost the playoff finals in the penalty shootout, and failed to promote. i have just finished my sixth season in Braintree last night, managed to finish the league at the third place and promoted to coca cola league 1.

i am not still in the favoured personnel list. the club has a stadium of 4000, they used to play to 350 spectators or so, now the games are almost sold out. last year the club balance was a huge plus (this year i exceeded the wage budget which caused a slight minus). i have sold and bought many players in the past 6 years, but if i hadn't how would a local club based in exeter would promote 3 leagues up in only 6 seasons with literally no transfer budget?

i really am not looking to be a legend soon, but i really do believe i should have entered the favoured personnel list...

Don't be that modest!

For single-handedly bringing them up to where they've never been before you should be a legend, at least starting from the minute you leave.

If you feel really strongly that it's unfair, you could use the in-game editor FMRTE to add yourself to the favoured personnel list.

Well, yeah, but of course we rather would like the game to have it right, wouldn't we?

If you feel really strongly that it's unfair, you could use the in-game editor FMRTE to add yourself to the favoured personnel list.

But doing that does not give any self- satisfaction, no sense of achievement, you are only there because you put yourself there.

I would be so ashamed of myself by pretending to be something I am not that i would completely retire and go live in a skip.:p

i want the game to do it... me doing it myself would still keep it in the status of being unfair... a 1-2 season playing players get in there, but we don't... game should know the difference.

it is just the game's way of acknowledging our committment and effort

if we do it, then it would be us, acknowledging ourselves, which would be really unreasonable and insensible.

i want the game to do it... me doing it myself would still keep it in the status of being unfair... a 1-2 season playing players get in there, but we don't... game should know the difference.

it is just the game's way of acknowledging our committment and effort

if we do it, then it would be us, acknowledging ourselves, which would be really unreasonable and insensible.

Sure, I'm not disagreeing with you or stevie. I'm just saying that IF the OP or others strongly feel that in this particular instance the game is badly coded and want to see what is merely a cosmetic feature and doesn't affect gameplay at all, they might feel justified in using an editor for that specific purpose. That's all.

This is something SI need to address, and not just for the cosmetic reason of making the list. Whenever you leave a club, you immeditaly end up on the clubs unfavoured list. This is simply not realistic, there are many circumstances where you can leave a club and still be a legend.

This is my list of Honours for non-league Southport

Promotion From Blue Square North

Promotion From Blue Square Premier

Promotion From Coca-Cola League 2

Promotion From Coca-Cola League 1

Promotion From Coca-Cola Championship

17th In Prem

17th In Prem

4th In Prem

17th In Prem

4th In Prem

4th In Prem

2nd In Prem

2nd In Prem

Won the Champions League

Won the FA Cup

About to move into a new 30,000 seater stadium. (Started with 6,000 all standing stadium)

Bank balance of £150m

I actually dont understand why I am not in the favoured personnel when I have done so much for the club ........

This is my list of Honours for non-league Southport

Promotion From Blue Square North

Promotion From Blue Square Premier

Promotion From Coca-Cola League 2

Promotion From Coca-Cola League 1

Promotion From Coca-Cola Championship

17th In Prem

17th In Prem

4th In Prem

17th In Prem

4th In Prem

4th In Prem

2nd In Prem

2nd In Prem

Won the Champions League

Won the FA Cup

About to move into a new 30,000 seater stadium. (Started with 6,000 all standing stadium)

Bank balance of £150m

I actually dont understand why I am not in the favoured personnel when I have done so much for the club ........

Jesus (Dont kick me off the forums for accidentally starting a religious debate), if i wasn't favored personnel after all of that, i would of easily left, unless the stadium is being built in your name, which i take it is?

• 1 year later...

I have taken a club from the 4th division into the 1st but that was not even enough to be favoured personnel. After my first domestic cup win I finally got there. After some league titles I became an icon and after a Euro League and a Champions League win I am now a legend at my club.

Hence, it is not too hard but I agree it isn't easy either to get on that list. I think that a manager's achievements should be compared to the club's status. Any small club would love you for getting them promoted whereas you won't be an all-time favourite for Barcelona by winning one league title for them.

Im a legend with Arka Gdynia in Poland. Although, I have won the league 6 times in 8 seasons plus 7 straight FA Cups and the last 3 or so Champions Leagues. This is only one of two games Ive played on FM10 though so I was aware that the favoured thing was a problem, if I wasn't on Arka's favoured list I'd be very annoyed! I don't think the game can distinguish what is good for a club, such as pyewackett's achievements. Clearly he was been doing well and improving a lesser club for a while now and should be favoured for what he has done. Also, any manager that manages to keep Chester up in the BSP after the first season would instantly become favoured with the fans, as that would be an awesome achievement to overcome the -25. As for the OP, why you aren't on the favoured list is beyond me if I'm honest. All that in 5 seasons at Wycombe??

This is something SI need to address, and not just for the cosmetic reason of making the list. Whenever you leave a club, you immeditaly end up on the clubs unfavoured list. This is simply not realistic, there are many circumstances where you can leave a club and still be a legend.

You sure that's still the case? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=199778 seems to suggest that that's finally been fixed.

Hi everyone, the OP here, sad to see this issue is still about on FM10 :(.

If you guys wanna report this as a bug, we can see what SI say.

As for the OP, why you aren't on the favoured list is beyond me if I'm honest. All that in 5 seasons at Wycombe??

I did much more mate, went on to turn Wycombe into the most powerful club in the world, but after all of this i was never put on the list :(.

I did much more mate, went on to turn Wycombe into the most powerful club in the world, but after all of this i was never put on the list :(.

It is because you are the... WS DEMON! :eek:

That is all :cool:

Hmmm, I got onto the list after 2 seasons with AFC Telford on FM10.

Won BSN 1st season, 4th in BSP (lost in play-off final) and FA trophy 2nd season.

Strange that your still having the same problem with FM10 as 09. Are you managing Wycombe on FM10 aswell? Could be a team specific problem?

thats cause their an ungrateful bunch of wasters

I've never done anything worthy of being favored personnel, but this should really annoy some of you high achievers.

During my first season, I had an injury crisis and had to play a 16yr old newgen in the first round of the FA cup against Matlock (not even in the BSS).

This guy should really have been a sprinter, he's super fast, but lacks any footballing brains or talent - he's rated as 1/2 star ability 1/2 star potential.

In the first 10 mins he runs clear and finishes a one on one sweetly (despite a 1 for finishing and composure?) and then plays average for the rest of the game, which we win 3-0 - after the game my first teamers came back and he went back to the youth team. I noticed later through the season he's on the clubs favored personnel list!

2 years later he hasn't really improved, despite an individual training programme and extensive tutoring (I kept him because I thought after these event's maybe there was something about the kid and the scouts were wrong about his PA) - he's still favored personnel though. The only other guy on there is a workhorse Peter Crouch type, who's pretty much the only good thing about my team.

Archived