Recommended Leagues at Start of game

Hey Guys,

Man, i am asking so many questions - i do apologize! :)

When i start a new game and select the leagues I want, I usually like to play with 8 playable leagues (i.e. Eng, Fra, Ita, Spa, Ger, Hol etc..)....with a Medium database.

I have noticed that my PC cannot handle this as when i play games even in 2D, the player movement starts to jitter and skip a bit - even on FM08!

...My question is...If I change this and start with just 2 leagues (i.e England and Scotland) with a large database instead - OR if i start with 2 leagues and select medium database but choose to load all players from 7 other nations - will this have the same negative effect?

Thanks! :)

if you run less leagues it will make it run smoother, even if you put it on read only it makes a bit of a difference. if your pc cant handle it and you dont want to manage in those other leagues just load the players from those countries and it will help your game run better. i would suggest if you do this to load some south american leagues along with your big european ones to help with regens since south america has a lot of nice ones to offer

if you run less leagues it will make it run smoother, even if you put it on read only it makes a bit of a difference. if your pc cant handle it and you dont want to manage in those other leagues just load the players from those countries and it will help your game run better. i would suggest if you do this to load some south american leagues along with your big european ones to help with regens since south america has a lot of nice ones to offer

Hi megaman,

Yes i have loaded just 2 leagues (England and Scotland) with Medium database...

+ loaded players from Bolivia, Mexico, Sweden, France, Argentina, Romania, Slovakia and Serbia.

Hope it runs better now :)

Out of interest, what are your system specs?

Oh mate - You don't wanna know...lol (Its embarrasing)

I have a DELL Dimension 4400 Pentium 4, with 2GB Ram, 500 GB Hardisk, 2.0 MHz Processor.

The problem is my PC is too old (bought it in 2001).

My Graphics Card Device:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip Type: GeForce2 MX/MX 400

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Approx Total Memory: 64MB

Current Display Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Dell E771a

Display Drivers

Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll

Version: 6.14.0010.9371 (English)

Date: 22/10/2006

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

VDD: n/a

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

I am pretty sure that the amount of leagues does not affect the way the Match Engine runs

Aye, same here, hence why I asked for some details on the OPs system

EDIT: Looking at those specs, I would say the reason it is jittery is because of your graphics card. IIRC the minimum specs require 128MB of video memory. Running something better than a P4 would probs help too

EDIT: Looking at those specs, I would say the reason it is jittery is because of your graphics card. IIRC the minimum specs require 128MB of video memory. Running something better than a P4 would probs help too

Yes.

The RAM looks okay and so does the processor. 2D Classic is laggy on most computers and that is a failing on SI's part and not on yours ;)

ftg87 - you are right mate. I do need a new graphics card and perhaps something better than a Pentium 4.

Completely off-topic but I just dont know what to buy in terms of graphics card and to improve on having just a Pentium 4.

I would prefer to buy bits and pieces rather than buy a brand new PC. (I started with 40GB Hard disk drive on this PC and bought a 500GB last year). - Any recommendations?

ftg87 - you are right mate. I do need a new graphics card and perhaps something better than a Pentium 4.

Completely off-topic but I just dont know what to buy in terms of graphics card and to improve on having just a Pentium 4.

I would prefer to buy bits and pieces rather than buy a brand new PC. (I started with 40GB Hard disk drive on this PC and bought a 500GB last year). - Any recommendations?

It's hard to say really, it depends on your budget and what your motherboard can handle really. There are sites where you can check what the top limit for your board is, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. Sorry :o

It's hard to say really, it depends on your budget and what your motherboard can handle really. There are sites where you can check what the top limit for your board is, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. Sorry :o

Its cool guys, I will look around and see whats on the market.

I do appreciate your help nevertheless.

Best Regards

Are my posts working or are you purposely not quoting me :p

Kidding, good luck mate, hope it all works out :)

My advice is obviously better than yours Peter :p

Same here, good luck mate, hope you get sorted and can play FM to your hearts desire :thup:

Are my posts working or are you purposely not quoting me :p

Kidding, good luck mate, hope it all works out :)

You know what peter-evo - I honestly tried to quote both of you in one post and i didnt know how to do it and then only ftg87's came up when i clicked 'post quick reply'. LOOL (Looks like i am pretty useless with my PC knowledge eh?)...

Here you go, just to make you happy - I have quoted you. hehehe.

Take care bro

Cheers mate, made me feel better ;)

Good luck with everything and make sure to post here when you are done as I am sure me and Deano will remember this.

Take care :D

OI! What have I said about calling me Deano? :mad:

Aye, make sure to come back here and keep us posted. If all goes well you won't need any more help but we will be about in case you do :thup:

looool

Guys, - Can i ask if you are running FM09 in 3D mode? And if you are....whats the performance like?

I have never experienced or EVEN SEEN 3D mode on FM by the way.

If you guys manage to find the site you mentioned, please let me know - pm me if possible.

Hope im not asking for too much.

Yes you are right ftg87 - we have now i think officially derailed this thread..lol.

Not sure about Peter, but I run the 3D view. Use onboard Intel GFX with about 350 MB of memory. Little bit jerky sometimes, especially if another open program is robbing the RAM, but for the most part, it is pretty good. Not amazing, but a big step up from the 2D view IMO

These are my computer specs

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/26/2009, 16:44:08

Machine name: YOUR-ADF783B345

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: iQon.ie

System Model: MS-7071

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.93GHz

Memory: 446MB RAM

Page File: 641MB used, 415MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 (4.10.0000.3311)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

What leagues would anyone recommend using as I'm currently in my third season with Spurs and have English leagues playable up to league 2, then I have Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Holland and Scottish leagues as read only

The game runs ok considering the specs aren't great and I can't use the 3D match engine but not bothered about that, sometimes the game is slow then sometimes it's fine but could be better and is playable on my computer which is what I need

I have also run the game with just the English leagues playable and it hasn't made a difference for me now that I have added the read only leagues above

Archived