Football Technical Manager

Hey, I`m wondering if anyone else plays the way I do. I like many aspects of the game and of being a manger except the actuall running of the game. So what I do is whenever there is a match I go on a holiday for 1 day and let my assman run the game. I make sure he is a good one so he does a decent job.

Sometimes I will setup a tactic for him to use or the lineup, but othertimes I`ll give him free reign. Sometimes I`ll even go on a 5 month holiday and just play for the transfer windows. I find the transfer market to be the most fun aspect of the game. I am a brilliant wheeler-dealer.

I almost wish the game would be made with this sort of style of play in mind too and be Football Technical Director 2010 as much as Football Manager 2009.

Anyways, back to the question, does anyone else do something similar? Does anyone else see themselves as more of a technical director (in the continental tradition) rather than a manager?

Nope - My favourite parts of the games are watching and playing the actual matches (including tactics and everything) and of course buying players. I would be very surprised if other people do what you do - and not many people would like 'Football Technical Director 2010'. But, hey its your game and you play it the way you want mate.

slightly weird.....

Most important thing in football is picking up 3 points, nothing beat's watching your side, fizzle a 1-0 in an un-tidy, scrappy, poor game, much better than signing the best player in the world.

I find the game boring once I have best players, I much prefer playing games and trying to be tactically spot on.

I'll be honest I have done this too... In one of my long term saves, I hit a poor run of form and thought 'stuff it!' i'll just go on holiday! we won comprehensively.. and it went from there. I must admit I liked my director of football role. . .

Nope - My favourite parts of the games are watching and playing the actual matches (including tactics and everything) and of course buying players. I would be very surprised if other people do what you do - and not many people would like 'Football Technical Director 2010'. But, hey its your game and you play it the way you want mate.

Agree with that.

What exactly is the point in paying £17/£30 for a game then spend your whole time on holiday?, you may be winning games but surely you dont get satisfaction out of your 'TECH manager' controlling your team and getting you were you are.

Anyways good luck with it

What exactly is the point in paying £17/£30 for a game then spend your whole time on holiday?, you may be winning games but surely you dont get satisfaction out of your 'TECH manager' controlling your team and getting you were you are.

Well I take satisfaction in the long term progression of the club. I make sure a small club is over many, many seasons transformed into a massive one. And let the assman worry about the details.

With 60 matches a year each taking lets say 6 minutes I would spend 6 hours just in match mode for a season to get done.

It gets repetitive and I`m not that much of a tactician anyways. Also this way I avoid the frustration of getting bad luck. And can take bad runs much more easily, since I have a much more long term perspective.

I like to see people playing the game differently, more power to you I say. Personally I wouldn't feel right missing the matches although I don't usually watch the friendlies and even when watch league matches I usually have the speed up near the top so I get through the games quite quickly as I too am more interested in assembling the squad and developing youth players etc. We all play the game differently with different levels of attention paid to each aspect of the game.

Archived