Noone accepts friendlies?

Never offer friendlies to teams in the same league as you, never seems to work for me - try major foreign teams and then you only need to offer half of the gate recipets for the them to accept.

EDIT: These teams may have fixtures already near the ones that you are offered possibly. Im surprised by the number of teams that have rejected your invitations though.

Never offer friendlies to teams in the same league as you, never seems to work for me - try major foreign teams and then you only need to offer half of the gate recipets for the them to accept.

EDIT: These teams may have fixtures already near the ones that you are offered possibly. Im surprised by the number of teams that have rejected your invitations though.

Thanks for major teams tip, Ajax and Benfica just accepted!

I also sometimes wonder. Being Newcastle and big in the Prem I also struggle to find opponents.

Small clubs from D2 to CH won't host a friendly against me which would earn them lots of money, neither so comparable clubs from abroad.

:(:thdn:

Wouldn't it be great if you could click on 'arrange friendly' and a list of teams available and willing to play you comes up - bit like your shortlist with the assman eliminating unrealistic targets. It would save a lot of unreasonable wasted time.

Thats a great idea phnompenhandy - It would save a lot on time and would be a welcome addition.

Wouldn't it be great if you could click on 'arrange friendly' and a list of teams available and willing to play you comes up - bit like your shortlist with the assman eliminating unrealistic targets. It would save a lot of unreasonable wasted time.

I second that (or "third" that as someone else agreed before me ;) )

Would be a good option to add to a future FM release. Mind you, playing as Altrincham in the lower leagues, I've not struggled to get lucrative friendlies against much bigger clubs. I even played Leeds United three times in pre-season :D

Very helpfull post, thx mate...

Anothe thing I'd like to see is if you suggest a friendly on Tues (for example) and the team feels its too close to another fixture they have, that they could come back and counter propose for Thurs.

The same if you offer 50k for the match, instead of refusing, having them say they would do it for 100k or whatever.

Archived