Time to go?

Straight off, this isn't another moaning thread about leaving the game, but clubs in the game.

After flittering between a few random games, i finally decided to go back to my main Hull game last night, which is currently in the year 2017. Obviously being a City fan in real life, this was my first game i started when the game came out.

After a few dogged years, i mounted a title challenge under new owners. Sadly although not winning the title, i have won the League Cup, Euro Cup and eventually last year, the FA Cup. Also have brought through some good regens and have several for the future to.

The question has just come though, Arsene Wenger has just retired at the end of the season. Arsenal, the obvious powerhouse in the game as it was started early, have just offered me a job. Now i know that the manager's salary has no real bearing on the game, but my current wage at Hull...is £42,000...with total career earnings of £11.5million. This contract offer from Arsenal is for four years on £215,000 a week, a £149million Transfer Budget and a £2.7million p/w wage budget. The wages for myself alone, would all but double my career earnings, in a single year.

So, leaves me questioning now, do i stay at Hull, where i've built things up....or leave for the big guns?

I'm sure you've all had some past experience of these decisions to!

If you're a Hull City fan and you're in with a shout of challenging for the title each season, then why not stay and realise the dream ;)

Resist the temptation!!

Actually, I had a save on FM08 where I had done wonders with Hyde United, then got offered the Man Utd job out of the blue when Fergie retired. I support United and decided to accept the offer. As with most of my United saves, I lost interest because after a couple of seasons got bored, because just like any other save I had started with them, I won everything.

The moral to the story is I wish I had stayed at Hyde United and tried to take them to the lofty heights. It would have been much more of a challenge and for me, more rewarding to have acheived with an unfancied club.

Stay at Hull. I was managing Tiro Federal in Argentina on FM08 and spent 4 years there. I turned them from a poor Second Division side into a top flight side about to challenge for the title. The team had no money though, a poor stadium, and it was difficult to improve my squad, so I felt I should leave in case things went wrong.

I ended up managing various sides after then, but none were anywhere near as fun as at Tiro Federal, and I eventually stopped playing that save game as I got bored.

I wish I'd stayed and tried to win the league, and you should do the same at Hull.

And judging by Arsenal's early displays following Wenger's retirement on my game, they're about the decline anyway. Let them decline and make Hull the new powerhouse.

For anyone that's bothered;

Carried on at Hull, 10 games in, i'm sat around 10th after a shocking start to the season and some bad luck with injuries. Arsenal played me 2 matches ago, coming in unbeaten, leaving with their first defeat! It was a good feeling! They ended up hiring Tony Adams by the way.

:L not the glittering start u had imagined eh?

Tony Adams has become quite the manager in my game as well, he brought blackburn to european contention, and has done the same in his second stint with portsmouth and some spanish team i cant remember the name of

:L not the glittering start u had imagined eh?

Tony Adams has become quite the manager in my game as well, he brought blackburn to european contention, and has done the same in his second stint with portsmouth and some spanish team i cant remember the name of

Not quite no!

Although i did make it through my group in the CL (Lyon, Sporting, Dinamo) so i guess that's something!

Archived