SSD, anyone running FM off one??

No one? Will I be the first on these forums? Just 2 months till I get my new PC!

please keep us informed on how it's performing when you get it :) curious to se how much faster FM can get. Maybe faster loading/saving. Maybe faster processing aswell?

I'm running FM on a 1.86/128 GB SSD MacBook Air. Loading and navigating are as zippy as you'd expect, but the match engine is sometimes jittery because I don't think it's fully optimized for the Mac. The processors get really overworked.

since it's a 1.86 and FM relies heavily on processing I think that's quite normal. How does the menus feel then? I suppose you are refering to them as "navigating"? :) fast navigating in menus? that would be nice sin ce FM09 is regarded as the version with the slowest user interface in a long time.

I doubt a SSD will in any significant way affect FM.

Loading savegames, and to a lesser degree saving, will be somewhat faster, but unless you're really low on RAM and the computer is constantly doing a lot of swapping, then disk speed won't really matter.

I doubt a SSD will in any significant way affect FM.

Loading savegames, and to a lesser degree saving, will be somewhat faster, but unless you're really low on RAM and the computer is constantly doing a lot of swapping, then disk speed won't really matter.

I agree with you there mate, it is such a processor heavy app it may not have a huge impact like it would on a flight sim.

I have no intention of going backwards in tech with my new PC so its SSDs, i7 based system etc etc etc

Archived