23 year old eligible for U-21's?!?

No it is not a bug.

In real life, if you are 21 at the start of a qualifying campaign for the next under 21 Championships, then you are able to play for them until the end of those Championships.

if he hasnt played for first team then he can be like one of 2/3 overaged people in the squad, i remember reo-coker doing this for a while in real life

Incorrect. See what I said above.

It does happen IRL, I remember a few years ago Jamie Carragher was still playing when he was 23 and also Frank Lampard. I think you are allowed a couple of players up to 23 and also there might be some rules that if you are 21 at the start of a qualifying campaign for a u21 tournament then you can play until that tournament is over. I could be completely wrong on this though.

U21's aren't allowed "over-age" players - that's the Olympic tournament (where they all have to be U23 except for 3 players, I believe).

However - U21 tournaments have specific regs as TomTuck highlighted which makes the occasional freak case like this likely.

It does happen IRL, I remember a few years ago Jamie Carragher was still playing when he was 23 and also Frank Lampard. I think you are allowed a couple of players up to 23 and also there might be some rules that if you are 21 at the start of a qualifying campaign for a u21 tournament then you can play until that tournament is over. I could be completely wrong on this though.

lol.........

Archived