Quick question about buyout clauses

This is probably the wrong forum, so I apologise in advance.

I have a player on loan with a 500k option, who I've already decided that I'm going to buy. I'm still in October, so I'm wondering if I make a bid for him now, will he transfer in the Jan window? I'd like to get him tutored before the end of the season if possible.

I would expect the deal to go through in next summer, after the expiry of the loan contract.

I'm not completely sure though. When you make the offer, you will be able to see when the transfer will go through on the bottom of the 'make offer' screen. That will answer your question. :)

I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking when I started this thread. My question is about a future fee and NOT a buy-out clause. My mistake, sorry.

So if I have an offer accepted before Jan, will the player transfer in that window or only after his end of season loan contract has expired?

A useful addition to future FMs would be to allow clubs to sign players on loan with an option as soon as their bid is accepted, regardless of transfer windows. I understand that the rule is no player can be transferred once the window closes, but if a player is already at the club, and the contract and transfer fees have been agreed, I see no reason why that loanee can't be tutored.

Yeah, I know, strictly by the letter of the law it is not permissible, but my gripe isn't about the actual transfer itself, rather with the fact loanees can't be tutored until they are signed under contract with your club. Take your Chopra example; if he was a young player that was on loan until the end of the season, with a fee already agreed, what is stopping him being tutored while on loan? Irl, this would be possible, but on the game it is not. That is the point I am making.

Archived