Help!

I'm having trouble loading up football manager which I have never had before, I have deleted the football manager icon that launches the game in the file c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2009/

I have tried to launch the game through steam but says the game is currently unavailable and i never run the game through steam as I normally click on the football manager icon in the folder above

I have looked through the other posts but haven't found anything that can help me

Well if you did indeed delete the fm.exe file as opposed to a desktop shortcut, there is little wonder you cannot load it through Steam. The crucial program file needed to load up the game is now missing. Nothing to do with Steam at all.

What you can do now would be to reinstall the game. Either backup your Football Manager 2009 folder first or just proceed to reinstall by going into Steam, clicking on the "My Games" tab and then right-clicking on FM 2009 in the list. Select "Delete local content" and then once that is done, re-download the game.

Glad to hear everything is well again. :)

To prevent a repeat of this incident, create a desktop shortcut of that fm.exe file and use that shortcut to launch your game. That way, you are never in direct contact with the executable file.

To create a desktop shortcut, right-click on the fm.exe file and select "Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut)".

Archived