New take on Profiles

First of all im sorry if this has come up, i did a seach and got about 40 pages of results so i didn't trawl through.

This is my idea:

Alot of people have complained about longevity issues in the game. Could we have an overall profile as well as an ingame profile. Basically you set up your profile. eg Joe Blogs D.O.B 21/04/1972 etc etc. Then when you start a game up you play as your profile. So you' start in say England with Man City. Anything you win goes into both current profile and overall profile. So you have won the Premier League, Fa Cup, League Cup, Community Shield and so on and you are ready for another challenge. You start a new game up in Italy. You win the Serie A, in your current profile you have The Serie A as titles won, in yuor overall profile (either viewable in game or at main menu etc) you have Premier League, Fa Cup, Serie A etc. So basically you have an overall profile showing all of your achievements in the game. Then if you can manage to win every trophy in the entire game you get something, like maybe a new reputation that only you would have or maybe intergrate with the forums and it can be at the bottom of your posts etc. Might keep people interested and always going back to win that last trophy etc.

Any thoughts!?

It wouldn't be in keeping with the spirit of FM. You are a football manager - one individual person. You can resign to take up a new challenge, but to become a separate persona and somehow keep your football karma from a previous incarnation would be unrealistic (unless you're Glenn Hoddle, Football Manager).

well you wouldnt keep any of your stats from previous saves, would be a fresh manager everytime, would just keep track of what you had won

I suspect this is unworkable. However why not record your stats as you play the game in terms of key trophies?

It's a nice enough idea. It's not in anyway unworkable either, as far as I can think. I can see what people mean when they say it's not in the spirit of FM, but it would be nice to be able to go a screen somewhere that said something like:

Management history:

Bigdunk, Derby 2008-2012, won Championship(2009), FA Cup (2011), total earnings £xxxxxxx

Bigdunk, Man Utd 2008-2009, won EPL (2009), Champions league (2009), total earnings £xxxxxxx

Total Trophy Wins:

EPL 1(2009)

FA Cup 1 (2011)

Champions League (2009)

Championship (2009)

There are potentially issues with things like branching a saved game out (e.g. sometimes when I've been offered a decent job by another club, I've taken the job, but saved it with a different filename, so I can carry on with my original club aswell) and having more than one manager in a saved game I suppose, but it's a nice idea.

it lists each time you win it? like you could click La Liga and it would show your history of wins etc

Erm..

Let's say I lead Barca to win the CL in 08/09 season in the game.

Then I start a new game with Barca (Some people do that you know) and win the Champions League in 08/09.

Does this mean I've won the Champions League twice?

It would look rather funny.

there isn't really a need to make that comment mate, my suggestion was there could be some feature that allowed you to have a record of what trophies you had won, so if you wont the CL twice, then it would show that you had won the CL, was just a spur of the moment thought, if you don't think it will work thats fine, no need to be a smart ass about it

there isn't really a need to make that comment mate, my suggestion was there could be some feature that allowed you to have a record of what trophies you had won, so if you wont the CL twice, then it would show that you had won the CL, was just a spur of the moment thought, if you don't think it will work thats fine, no need to be a smart ass about it

It is called the HALL OF FAME. What you won and who you won it with, are in there!

It is called the HALL OF FAME. What you won and who you won it with, are in there!

thats just with the one manager though. If you start a new career with the same name then you will have two of the same named managers in the hall of fame if you do well in both games, what the OP means is combine these in to one so that all the different careers you play FM are recorded under one manager name to see what you have achieved through all your playing in different saves. :)

thats just with the one manager though. If you start a new career with the same name then you will have two of the same named managers in the hall of fame if you do well in both games, what the OP means is combine these in to one so that all the different careers you play FM are recorded under one manager name to see what you have achieved through all your playing in different saves. :)

Write it down if you're that bothered.

Write it down if you're that bothered.

mate if your just going to waste time by posting a stupid post like that than don't bother posting. Whats your problem with this idea? I posted a thread with a valid idea and, as most people have, was after some constructive criticism/support, not users coming in, not reading the OP, posting that this is already feature when it isn't and then following up with childish rubbish :thdn:

I would like to know why your against this idea as negative is more important than positive in development

Oh no. You misunderstood.

I'm just asking for clarification as to how it would be implemented in a situation like I highlighted. Sorry.

no i didn't misunderstand, i was referring to the (some people do that you know) comment.

not entirely sure how else to explain. There would be a feature that showed every trophy you had won since you started. So if you won the CL 10 times, you have still won the CL so it will be marked as a trophy won. I don't really see the point of listing the years won just the silverware.

i get what he means, and i think its a good idea, im struggling to understand why peeople find such a simple concept so mind bogglingly difficult to figure out. It doesn't even need to say what year you won it in. Just an overall track of how you've done in all your saves put into 1.

Say for instance i start a game with newcastle, win the prem 3 times Cl once etc.

I start another game same team, win the prem. All it would say then is something like:

English Premier League - Newcastle x4

and so on. Its a nice idea, jus a simple track of how you stack up overall. In no way should it be incorproated into single saves, just on main menu.

People just seem to have missed the whole point of it. Yes every different save is a different game world. But i personally would like to see what ive won in every save, just on a little tab on the main menu. as i already stated

Not a bad idea at all, would be good for all the brilliant managers out there to show off their winnings to whoevers willing to listen.

And a nice little reminder for you when your newly thought out tactics are failing miserably.... It IS possible to do well at this

While it's not something I've ever wanted in the game or anything I think I'd ever use I can see why people would like this feature and I can't imagine it would be too dificult to implement. It's not something you have to use and it's not something everybody is going to want to use but I can't see any reason it couldn't be included, maybe as an option off the main menu alongside the "View Match" and the other shortcuts down there. It might be nice, for example when the new version of FM comes out to look back at which/how many trophies you managed to win and try and beat that number in the next version.

I do understand what you're trying to get at.

But, for me at least

- I run multiple games at a time.

- I sometimes use different names.

- Sometimes I want to 'get rid' of a save because things aren't going well, and it has become an embarrassment.

I really can't be bothered to list down all my achievements, because to me it's just a game. But I can see why some people would want this.

I do understand what you're trying to get at.

But, for me at least

- I run multiple games at a time.

- I sometimes use different names.

- Sometimes I want to 'get rid' of a save because things aren't going well, and it has become an embarrassment.

I really can't be bothered to list down all my achievements, because to me it's just a game. But I can see why some people would want this.

and thats a fair opinion, the only thing, not sure if this is what you mean, you cant be bothered listing it all down? You wouldn't it would be integrated into the game to do it automatically.

But still its not for everyone :cool:

and thats a fair opinion, the only thing, not sure if this is what you mean, you cant be bothered listing it all down? You wouldn't it would be integrated into the game to do it automatically.

But still its not for everyone :cool:

What I mean by 'can't be bothered listing it down', I actually meant that I don't really care what I achieve in the game such that I need it recorded.

I've won the Champions League twice in the game, but to me it's not really something I would go around boasting about, because it's only a computer game to me.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

it definately wont hurt game play as it has nothing to do with game play, i just found a few posts on trophy rooms, which from what i have read is seriously being thought abount being implemented in next game, from reading them its 100% what i have suggested so my idea is already in place by other members! all that for nothing...... lol

To be honest aussieant it's not for nothing as it got people talking about it and anything that does that is not for nothing. In my opinion it would be nice to have the master profile as I ten to delete saves that I don't play after a while so would like to know what trophies , how many times I was sacked etc Have happened throughout my whole time playing the game.

The idea of a personal profile which is not linked to an individual save is not bad. :)

However, it must not have any effect on an individual save. Restarting with different clubs and different reputations is part of the challenge of FM. What if you started your first save with ManU, won everything and then you want to start somewhere at the very bottom. If the game handled you as the very same guy who has already won everything in the world, such challenge would in part be destroyed :thdn:

The idea of a personal profile which is not linked to an individual save is not bad. :)

However, it must not have any effect on an individual save. Restarting with different clubs and different reputations is part of the challenge of FM. What if you started your first save with ManU, won everything and then you want to start somewhere at the very bottom. If the game handled you as the very same guy who has already won everything in the world, such challenge would in part be destroyed :thdn:

That's kinda true. Because I start every game afresh, not related to any of my previous saves. I am a different person every game.

as i said a few times now it would have no effect what so ever on any other save.

well you wouldnt keep any of your stats from previous saves, would be a fresh manager everytime, would just keep track of what you had won

was a direct answer to your exact same question Ben.

Archived