Conceding when altering tactics

Hello All

My friend plays a fair bit of FM09. However, whenever he goes to edit his tactics (whether the game is paused or not) he always concedes.

He says "it's how I concede about half my goals". I've had it happen a fair few times, but it seems to happen almost every time for him.

He is patched to the latest patch.

Has anyone else had anything like this? Are there any remedies anyone can suggest?

Thanks in advances

Biggsy

Stevie, you say it happened to you many times. Is there anything you did that lowered the amount it happened? Did you do things in a different order when going to change your tactics?

Ibrahim, that's not amazingly useful! :)

There is nothing you can do really, it is just one of those things, you can concede at any point in the game, just because it happens when you go to change tactics doesn't mean that there is a conspiracy or anything.

IRL, managers will make substitutions or change tactics and then concede a goal, but if this happens whilst in a process of making tactical changes, they have the option of cancelling and trying something else, something which needs to be implemented in a game.

For example, im drawing with 70 minutes gone, i decide to bring on another striker, so i go into my tactics and make a substitution, before the sub is made, i score a goal, now i want to protect this lead, so i go to the fourth official, cancel that substitution, and opt to bring on a defensive player instead, so that the opposition have less chance of equalising.

This is something the game needs IMO.

what is annoying is when you are chasing the game and go all out attacking for the last 5-10 mins of the match and manage to score the equaliser you have to hope that you can change back to a sensible level of attacking before you concede.

For example, im drawing with 70 minutes gone, i decide to bring on another striker, so i go into my tactics and make a substitution, before the sub is made, i score a goal, now i want to protect this lead, so i go to the fourth official, cancel that substitution, and opt to bring on a defensive player instead, so that the opposition have less chance of equalising..

Except you can't do that. Once you click "Accept" you have no option to cancel that.

You're right of course in that it does happen, except it just seems to happen to him very frequently, which seems odd (rather than a very low probability coincidence).

I also find that as soon as i make a change in tactics or a substitution there is always a chance for the opposition. I'm not saying that they score every time but you do find a highlight straight after the change.

It does make me put off making changes in a close game.

Except you can't do that. Once you click "Accept" you have no option to cancel that.

You're right of course in that it does happen, except it just seems to happen to him very frequently, which seems odd (rather than a very low probability coincidence).

I know that, if you read my post, you will find that i said this needs to be in the game, so basically, i have made a suggestion, which has been suggested before also IIRC.

If it happens to him frequently maybe he could draw up some statistics, how often this happens, and how many times in 5 games that he concedes when changing tactics,, if he provides some data, it will be looked at and somebody can come to the conclusion on wether it is a problem with the game or not.

I have not seen anyone else report this, so maybe it does not happen to everyone, as i said, it happens to me, but i just push it aside and put it down to a matter of luck and timing.

I know that, if you read my post, you will find that i said this needs to be in the game, so basically, i have made a suggestion, which has been suggested before also IIRC.

Ah yes, apologies. I mis-read your last line. :)

If it happens to him frequently maybe he could draw up some statistics, how often this happens, and how many times in 5 games that he concedes when changing tactics,, if he provides some data, it will be looked at and somebody can come to the conclusion on wether it is a problem with the game or not.

Okay, I'll get him to do some. Thanks

I don’t mind so much in that scenario, it’s the opposite which frustrates me more.

Hanging on to a lead (or a draw) and you change to a defensive formation and take off your main striker, only for the opposition to score while you’re waiting for your changes to take effect and you’re powerless to stop your main goal threat coming off the pitch.

The frustrating part is that it was highlighted as soon as FM2008 came out but after fully patching it and releasing 09 we’re two years in and you still can’t cancel your changes.

Archived