fixture congestion!

Why the hell am i playing my champions league final 3 days after my final premiership match and my fa cup final 3 days after that????

its a bug right? it has to be a bug... tell me its a bug and its going to be fixed,please!

completely and utterly (trying hard not to swear) ridiculous!!!!!!

anybody else had this problem?

Well kinda, the start of every season, I am not playing at that level, but still competitions are competitions all the same. I am in the Scottish 2nd Division, it's always, a league game then a cup game, pretty congested. Don't bother me though. Hardly days between. Bet hey ho, it happens.

Really don't think its a bug.

Yeah, i think it happens like this IRL.

You should see my fixtures over the xmas period. I go to London (prem)--> (2 days later) Japan(world club cup)--> (3 days later) Middlesbrough (prem)--> (2 days later) Japan again (world club cup final) --> (3 days later) Manchester (prem)--> (3 days later) London (prem).

Now i know this dont happen IRL. THIS is a joke!!!:thdn:

Why would it be a bug. That happens in real life dosen't it?

Nope it doesnt happen in real life.

No team in the english prem has ever played there last league game and then gone onto play a champs league final 3 days later.

In fact i will stick my neck out and say no team in europe has ever had to do this. (without the facts,but its a pretty safe bet)

No sympathy for him as he cheated.

I do think there is a big problem with fixtures and I just had to play Olympiakos (Uefa Cup Qtr Final) (15th April), Liverpool (FA Cup Semi-final)(17th April) and Reading (EPL)(18th April).

Since I am fighting Liverpool for 4th place and they were also still in the Uefa Cup I made the decision to play my reserve team in the FA Cup as I feel it is the least important this season and I was hoping it would give me the chance to consolidate my position in the league as Liverpool's 1st team would be playing 2 games in 2 days. I lost the game and checked Liverpool's fixtures afterwards only to find out that their league game the next day had been moved to a week later which in effect gives them a better chance than me.

To say I wasn't impressed is an understatement.

Did anyone report this as a bug? I cannot see any official answers from SI, any tester or any mod in either of these two threads and I couldn't see any reports in the bugs section either but I had a really quick look...

/JB

No bug! My West Ham team have had games consistantly over the season 2 -3 days apart due to my involvement in the Prem/Lge Cup/UEFA. Then come Jan its the FA Cup.

Deal with it! Man U in real life have to deal with simular things thats the down side of being in every poss competition available.

I understand its hard and it is, and maybe the old request to delay a match should be reintroduced for things like this etc...

No team in the english prem has ever played there last league game and then gone onto play a champs league final 3 days later.

In fact i will stick my neck out and say no team in europe has ever had to do this. (without the facts,but its a pretty safe bet)

I'm a Rangers supporter. Go and google our fixture list IRL for the end of last season when we reached the UEFA Cup Final, Scottish Cup Final and had a backlog of league matches.

From memory we played:

Sat (H) SPL

Wed (N) UEFA Cup Final

Sat (A) SPL

Mon (A) SPL

Thu (A) SPL - Final game of season, league decider.

Sat (N) Scottish Cup Final

Believe it or not there was a huge row up here that the final game of the SPL season was moved back from the previous Saturday to the Thursday night.

Apparently it affected the 'integrity' of the competition. There were concerted campaigns to stop the final matches being moved and make Rangers play ALL their matches by the Saturday. If we hadn't have reached the UEFA Cup Final the SPL would have made us play 4 SLeagues that final week!!!!

Go and look back at Middlesbroughs last 2 months of the last season they were in Europe.... Tell me if thats not congested? i do believe it was around 17 games in the last month of the season..... 3 games in a week is nothing.... Thats standard league, cup, league for during the season....

Go and look back at Middlesbroughs last 2 months of the last season they were in Europe.... Tell me if thats not congested? i do believe it was around 17 games in the last month of the season..... 3 games in a week is nothing.... Thats standard league, cup, league for during the season....

Thats all well and good but i still say no prem team has ever played a champions league final 3 days after the final game of the season.

fact.

It shouldnt happen ingame.

oh and an fa cup final 3 days after that.(forgot to mention)

Sun 7th May - Bolton (a) L

Wed 10th May - Sevilla (n) L

That seems like 3 days difference at the end? And i do believe that if we had reached the FA Cup Final that would have been the next sat or sun.... Congestion is nothing.....it happens, get over it.... Im sure some people have had it worse....

Sun 7th May - Bolton (a) L

Wed 10th May - Sevilla (n) L

That seems like 3 days difference at the end? And i do believe that if we had reached the FA Cup Final that would have been the next sat or sun.... Congestion is nothing.....it happens, get over it.... Im sure some people have had it worse....

you obviously have no idea about the champions league...no team has EVER played a champions league final 3 days after there final league fixture.

is that so hard for you to understand? understand it and get over it eh

It makes absolutley no difference to me how borough struggle in mickey mouse cups as my point being is that..NO TEAM HAS EVER PLAYED A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 3 DAYS AFTER THERE FINAL LEAGUE FIXTURE.

not at any point have i mentioned anything about the OTHER mickey mouse european cups and how that congests fixtures.

you obviously have no idea about the champions league...no team has EVER played a champions league final 3 days after there final league fixture.

It makes absolutley no difference to me how borough struggle in mickey mouse cups as my point being is that..NO TEAM HAS EVER PLAYED A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 3 DAYS AFTER THERE FINAL LEAGUE FIXTURE.

not at any point have i mentioned anything about the OTHER mickey mouse european cups and how that congests fixtures.

Cup finals are cup finals, stop being so angry and "get over it eh". :)

Didn't Barcelona have to play their final league match 3 days AFTER the Champions League Final in 2006?

how much time did they have off leading up to the final?

as i know la liga finish much later than most leagues.

the spanish and italian teams don't finish their season before the champions league final as i recall.

I've heard of 2 games in 2 days, now that is ridiculous and unreal, but i can believe a day gap in between them. Really if you struggle you should have bought a bigger squad lol :p

It does happen often, if you don't want fixture congestion, knock yourself out of every cup competition!

When Barcelona won the champions league they played 3 games in a week, which included the champions league final.

Sat 13th v Sevilla - League

Wed 17th v Arsenal - CL

Sat 20th v Athletic Bilbao - League

So thats pretty close

Also AC Milan did it when they won it in 2006/2007. Sat, Wed, Sun.

To be fair you are getting on at the fixture congestion not about how your team dont have enough rest for the final.

To get to the final of the FA Cup and Champions League you would have been playing 3 games in a week pretty much the whole season. So just because it is the Final it does not make a difference. On FM09 I have faced a hell of a lot worse than having to only play 3 games in one week. Proved with this

Congestion.

To be fair you are getting on at the fixture congestion not about how your team dont have enough rest for the final.

To get to the final of the FA Cup and Champions League you would have been playing 3 games in a week pretty much the whole season. So just because it is the Final it does not make a difference. On FM09 I have faced a hell of a lot worse than having to only play 3 games in one week. Proved with this

Congestion.

actually im annoyed at the fact my team have 3 days rest before the champs league final...not at any point have i talked about mid season congestion...try reading the start of the thread m8.

Looks like i could be wrong about spanish/italian teams not having enough rest but in england the fact still stands...no teams play the last game of the season 3 days before a champs league final or correct me if im wrong.

please people...read the start of the thread before posting.:)

actually im annoyed at the fact my team have 3 days rest before the champs league final...not at any point have i talked about mid season congestion...try reading the start of the thread m8.

Looks like i could be wrong about spanish/italian teams not having enough rest but in england the fact still stands...no teams play the last game of the season 3 days before a champs league final or correct me if im wrong.

This season it will happen in england actually.

The last fixture of the season is Sun 24th May, Champs League final is Wed 27th May, FA Cup Final is 30th May.

So it is possible in this country aswell.

This season it will happen in england actually.

The last fixture of the season is Sun 24th May, Champs League final is Wed 27th May, FA Cup Final is 30th May.

So it is possible in this country aswell.

ok...do you know if it has happened before?

generally there is a week break roughly in england.

I did read the start of the thread and I was saying that you have played 3 games in a week for pretty much the whole season becuase you got to the FA Cup and Champions League Finals so what is the difference to you doing it all season and the fact that is the the end of the season?

Who are you playing in the final and how long a break will they have before the game?

I just checked and your right...24th last prem game and 27th champs final.

never seen that before.

No not seen it before in england, normally the season would be over by then.

And i also read the start of the thread!!

ok...do you know if it has happened before?

generally there is a week break roughly in england.

The Champions League Final is, until this season, played on a Wednesday evening.

So unless the English Premiership play there last league matches the midweek before, which would never happen because SKY SPORTS wouldn't let them, the gap would have to be either 3 days (sat-wed) OR 10 days (sat-wed+week).

Not quite sure where you have got your 'generally a week' statement from.

I already posted earlier in this thread that last season Rangers played their last SPL match in Aberdeen on the Thursday evening and just over 36hours after the final whistle had to play in the Scottish FA Cup Final.

I know it's not an English side playing in the Champions League final but........

Why the hell am i playing my champions league final 3 days after my final premiership match and my fa cup final 3 days after that????

its a bug right? it has to be a bug... tell me its a bug and its going to be fixed,please!

completely and utterly (trying hard not to swear) ridiculous!!!!!!

anybody else had this problem?

Simply put, it's the price of success and happens in real life football.

What you need to ask yourself is, would you rather be in this situation and challenging for the trophies, or having more space between games because your not... ;)

Who cares that the situation you are moaning about has not happened in England before! The FACT is this season it will happen weather its the 1st or 21st time. Clubs like Man U, will have to deal with it should they get that far, its like many have said before its the price you pay for success.

I did read the start of the thread and I was saying that you have played 3 games in a week for pretty much the whole season becuase you got to the FA Cup and Champions League Finals so what is the difference to you doing it all season and the fact that is the the end of the season?

Who are you playing in the final and how long a break will they have before the game?

the difference is that it has never happened before in the prem (a team playingv a champs league final 3 days after they played last game of the season)

The fact that ive played 3 games a week for most of the season has absolutley nothing to do with what im saying.

i played arsenal on the 27th.

I think 09 is the first season for an english team to play a champs league final so soon after last league game so i guess it isnt a bug!

Currently fighting through 6 games in 12 days as a result of numerous international tournaments (of varying ages,) league play, national cup play, and inter-league play. Unfortunately, many of the tournaments happened early in my season, leaving me with a log jam of games for the final half of the season. At one point I had 7 players on international duty and 4 out injured, on a roster limited to 28 players. Poor guys were dragging after a week or so!

I would like to see your proof of no team having to play a game 3 days before the Champions League final. You are the one going about making accusations without evidence.

I would like to see your proof of no team having to play a game 3 days before the Champions League final. You are the one going about making accusations without evidence.

accusations?evidence?hehe.

were not in court m8!

Im almost certain that no english team has played a champs league final 3 days after the last prem fixture of the season until this season...i did look it up and this season it will happen.

anyway i know it isnt a bug this season so i have no complaints about it happening.

oh and by the way...it wasnt any team in any league.

We had already established that in spain/italy for example it has happened.

Currently fighting through 6 games in 12 days as a result of numerous international tournaments (of varying ages,) league play, national cup play, and inter-league play. Unfortunately, many of the tournaments happened early in my season, leaving me with a log jam of games for the final half of the season. At one point I had 7 players on international duty and 4 out injured, on a roster limited to 28 players. Poor guys were dragging after a week or so!

Who are you managing?

Toronto FC, second season. Playing in MLS, CONCACAF Champion's League, Canadian Champion's Cup, and SuperLiga (with the Club World Championship coming at the end of the year, to boot) and have lost players to the U-20 World Cup, CONCACAF Gold Cup, CONCACAF World Cup qualifying and the Confederation's Cup. Thank goodness my backups are capable of holding their own every now and then, or else I'd be sunk.

accusations?evidence?hehe.

were not in court m8!

Im almost certain that no english team has played a champs league final 3 days after the last prem fixture of the season until this season...i did look it up and this season it will happen.

anyway i know it isnt a bug this season so i have no complaints about it happening.

oh and by the way...it wasnt any team in any league.

We had already established that in spain/italy for example it has happened.

No w're not in court but you were the person stating things as facts without giving any proof that they were so then telling other people they were wrong when they disputed you.

Toronto FC, second season. Playing in MLS, CONCACAF Champion's League, Canadian Champion's Cup, and SuperLiga (with the Club World Championship coming at the end of the year, to boot) and have lost players to the U-20 World Cup, CONCACAF Gold Cup, CONCACAF World Cup qualifying and the Confederation's Cup. Thank goodness my backups are capable of holding their own every now and then, or else I'd be sunk.

Thats some serious congestion!

No w're not in court but you were the person stating things as facts without giving any proof that they were so then telling other people they were wrong when they disputed you.

Got anything constructive to say? did you even read whats been said?

or did you post here just to argue and put me in my place?

Find something better to do like maybe finding some proof about english clubs before this season playing in a champions league final.

Yes i've read what has been said in this thread, I posted earlier on saying there was a problem with fixture congestion as I had 2 play 3 games in 4 days which is alot worse than the 2 games in 6 days you are complaining about so it looks like it's you who hasn't been reading what's been said.

You were the person who initially said that no team had ever played a game 3 days before the Champions League final which clearly isn't true, now someone has proved you wrong you've changed your arguement to suit your point.

If you don't like people proving you wrong then don't come out on here and say hings which are.

Yes i've read what has been said in this thread, I posted earlier on saying there was a problem with fixture congestion as I had 2 play 3 games in 4 days which is alot worse than the 2 games in 6 days you are complaining about so it looks like it's you who hasn't been reading what's been said.

You were the person who initially said that no team had ever played a game 3 days before the Champions League final which clearly isn't true, now someone has proved you wrong you've changed your arguement to suit your point.

If you don't like people proving you wrong then don't come out on here and say hings which are.

what the hell are you on about...it was established earlier that i was wrong.

i would also like to add (seeing as you obviously havent read a damn thing here) that at no point have i complained about mid season congestion or congestion during the season (said twice for you to understand) so why the hell are you talking about random game congestion (try being a bit more specific after you actually read whats been said).

seriously mr thread police...find something constructive to do.

what the hell are you on about...it was established earlier that i was wrong.

i would also like to add (seeing as you obviously havent read a damn thing here) that at no point have i complained about mid season congestion or congestion during the season (said twice for you to understand) so why the hell are you talking about random game congestion (try being a bit more specific after you actually read whats been said).

seriously mr thread police...find something constructive to do.

Why did you title the thread "fixture congestion" if your arguement wasn't actually about fixture congestion then?

Archived