Doesnt feel worthy of managers comments?

I just got knocked out of the uefa cup, with bröndby againts ac milan, so no real suprise there eh? anyways, in my second leg my team, imo played a very good game, we went twice up front but ended up losing 2-3, but considering the opponent the odds, that should be considered as a good result. We even created more ccc then they did, and in all the other statistics (excluding the goals unfortunatly :D) we were pretty neck to neck.

So, post match press conference comes, and i'm asked what is my reaction for the spirited defeat in a game, i was expected to lose heavily. I said that i was pleased with the spirit and play of the team. Well, quite naturally, it's not often you feel please despite losing and being knocked out of europe.

So now, half my team is pessed off, saying they dont feel worthy of managers comments!

So, is there ever going to be a defeat when you can still praise your team and get away with it?

I always get that when I commend my team for playing well when we lost. I had a game in the cup recently against the league leaders and defending champions. The odds were something like 10-1 for me winning. We lost 3-2 in a close match, and at the end, 8 of my players had a rating of 7.0 or higher. So, naturally, I said that I was pleased with my team despite the defeat. 6!!! players came out with that stupid "Do not feel worthy" reaction.

Archived