Will a SSD speed up football manager

Customizing my new laptop online, and have the option of a SSD. I'm going to splash out on a 60GB SSD no matter what (along with a 7200rpm 1TB Hard Drive), just wondered in advance if installing FM 2009 on it will speed up the loading times at all?

Thanks all!

It might be a detriment. As SSDs have a limited Read/Write cycle, the constant accessing of data and number crunching might limit it's lifespan.

Is that true? I mean have you got a link to back that up? I was going to have Windows Vista Installed on it, but if what you say is true then I might save a few quid and just go for a decent HDD.

At this point in time you are better off going with a fast regular drive. Like a WD Raptor or similar if you are wanting speed. SSDs are not worth the cost at this time because of there 'limited' lifecycle.

Is that true? I mean have you got a link to back that up? I was going to have Windows Vista Installed on it, but if what you say is true then I might save a few quid and just go for a decent HDD.

Yes, but by the time the solid state drive dies, it will be very out dated... It will last you for 10-20+ years.

I believe Microsoft stated that the drive should last about 10 years this way...so unless you're planning on keeping your computer that long it can't hurt.

I wouldn't worry about SSD. I rather would worry the hard disk to take an early bath. Mine lasted 2 years before it died.

Archived