Dont let your performance...

Dont let your performance drop!

any ideas why this leaves some players confused and angered?

Surley its a pretty reasonable thing to say when you have played a good first half?

Dont know if this is the right place for this or if it has been mentioned before as i couldnt find anything.

because the underlying meaning behind it (stupidly in my opinion) is saying basically "carry on playing well for once" implying that they normally cant keep up a performance

agreed.

thats bloody stupid!

So what would be a good thing to say if your leading 2-0 at half time and are playing well?

not much seems to keep the performance going that i have noticed.

It’s an awful phrase, made even worse by the fact that there’s no real alternative. The only other option is to say you’re ‘pleased’ and you might as well tell the team to pack up their bags and go home at that point.

I’ve no idea why you can’t have the ‘encourage’ option when leading by two goals. Like Samba said I prefer to be leading by a single goal since at least then I have some sense of influence over the second half performance.

so any suggestions as to what to say at half time if leading 2-0?

ive tried saying nothing and that eventually upsets somebody down the line.

dissapointed? certain to make somebody spit there dummy out..

pleased? basically this is saying that we have won and take your foot off the gas.

so any suggestions as to what to say at half time if leading 2-0?

ive tried saying nothing and that eventually upsets somebody down the line.

dissapointed? certain to make somebody spit there dummy out..

pleased? basically this is saying that we have won and take your foot off the gas.

If you're at home say you are pleased, away, thrilled.

Well I didn't know that, I always asumed that telling a team not to let their performance drop, was telling them to not let their performance drop, as they have hada very good game and can go on to maul the opposition.

the pleassed setting is the worst whenever I tell my players that I am pleased, if I'm up 4-0 at half time for instance, they play terribly the 2nd half.

Only good thing I find is to go to each player individually and say you have faith in them. Although the problem with that is it takes too long and you inevitably end up picking the quicker option after a while.

I do this faith bit as well, but with my attacking players only. GK, defenders and DM gets a 'Pleased' from me for a clean sheet. At least I hope it keeps attacking players trying to score another one.

I rarely see a team who have had the ‘pleased’ talk go on and perform just as well if not better in the second half.

When I play my pre-season friendlies I usually play a couple of non-league sides to raise a bit morale and I’m usually something like 6-0 up at half time and say pleased then either go out and finish the game 6-0 or if I’m lucky I’ll scrape a goal or two.

the whole team talk module needs a rework.

it could be approved by being able to select a few different points/messages.

that way you could give a half time talk praising the good and highlighting the bad.

i am pleased with your performance, if you stay focused we can win this game

your 1st half performance was shocking, we are giving the ball away to cheaply and your defending was poor, i wan't to see a big improvement in the 2nd half, i have faith in you ability to turn this around, you can win this.

If there was any logic behind certain teamtalks in certain circumstances they wouldn’t lose their effect simply by using them too often.

What replaces the correct teamtalk when the original correct teamtalk stops working? How can it be logical and deducible? By definition, it has to be random.

They should be thrown out. I cannot abide watching a poor first or second half performance if I think it’s because I got an effectively random guessing game wrong.

If there was any logic behind certain teamtalks in certain circumstances they wouldn’t lose their effect simply by using them too often.

What replaces the correct teamtalk when the original correct teamtalk stops working? How can it be logical and deducible? By definition, it has to be random.

They should be thrown out. I cannot abide watching a poor first or second half performance if I think it’s because I got an effectively random guessing game wrong.

Im 100% with you on that.

It should be scrapped or severly revamped.

Hasnt it been the same in every version though? surley s.i should have come up with something better by now.

Still loving the game though!!

2-0 up at HT? I say nothing, seems to work ok.

I recently cheated and gave my ass man god-like stats just to see what he'd say for my team talks (I'd kinda been following that Wolfsong guide, and it wasn't really producing results for me). I was two-nil up against Man U, playing well. He recommended saying nothing, but foolishly I decided to give a few individual team talks (one or two "you have faiths" and a "disappointing"), which had worked when I'd been in a similar situation. Obviously it finished two-all, and I managed to get one shot it in during the second half, with the players I'd given talks to spending a lot of the second-half "playing nervously".

I'm not going to pretend I have any idea how the team talk system works, and I'm just using his decisions from now on.

I use the "Don't let your performance drop" only against big matches like derby games or UCL matches (liverpool user), and when i'm leading by 2 goals. It work wonders as the players all went fired up or looked inspired. Against normal teams, I generally go for pleased, and use individual Teamtalks, specially if 1 player was playing below par (prove a point)

Think the characteristic of the team also is taken in effect as well.

Weird, I always use the 'don't let your performance drop' when winning at half time (home or away and against every opposition) admittedly I rarely look at the teams reaction but that is because I rarely end up losing or drawing. I do normally use the 'have faith' on those players playing well and the 'disappointed' on those that aren't so about half the team are on individual team talks so maybe that makes a difference.

I recently cheated and gave my ass man god-like stats just to see what he'd say for my team talks (I'd kinda been following that Wolfsong guide, and it wasn't really producing results for me). I was two-nil up against Man U, playing well. He recommended saying nothing, but foolishly I decided to give a few individual team talks (one or two "you have faiths" and a "disappointing"), which had worked when I'd been in a similar situation. Obviously it finished two-all, and I managed to get one shot it in during the second half, with the players I'd given talks to spending a lot of the second-half "playing nervously".

I'm not going to pretend I have any idea how the team talk system works, and I'm just using his decisions from now on.

That's interesting. I follow the '2-0 - say nothing' line but do put up to 4 individual talks in. Do you feel that your assman always gives successful team-talks now? Only half-time, or pre-match too? What assman attributes did you 'tweak'?

I think it's a shame that "pick up where you left off" is only ever a team talk you can give to individual players. It would be great to be able to say it to the whole team sometimes. In fact, it seems like just the right team talk for a two-goal lead at half-time!

Sadly, I imagine it would only end up being like "don't let your performance drop".

Archived