In this game you can't change what is going to happen.

One thing I've noticed about this game is if you set the wrong team talk before the match, your halftime team talk will not alter or have any baring on the match. The outcome has already been decided.

Example. I'm playing as Man Utd top of the league winning every match, every game. I play Arsenal in the 5th round of the FA cup. Arsenal are favourites because they are at home but they are sitting 5th in the league. As they are are home and favourites my usual team talk would be "good luck" or "do it for the supporters." But instead I mistakingly chose "You can win today"

Half time came and I am losing 1-0. So I chosed "encouraged" as a result the outcome was 1 -0.

Now what gets me is the half time team talk had no effect what so ever ("All players had nothing specific noted") according to team talk feedback.

I have the my best team on, best strikers on who are scoring consistently, top goalscorers and pervious encounters of Arsenal I have won them easily 2-0, 3-0. 4-0.

No other variable changed, prematch comments was done by my ass man and all players was please, morale is superb. Only variable that changed was my first half team talk.

It's kind of stupid that prematch talk has more influence then half time team talk.

I don't think there's one decisive matter that ''decided'' the flow and the outcome of the game. Every little thing is calculated into effect, what happens in the pitch is the sum of all the tactics, team-talks, morales, weather, pressure, selected players, the goalies wife's constant headaches, and a big big percentage of luck, good or bad.

Archived