Italy v Holland 9th June 2009

I know this has been said many times before, but (aside from the fact that it has seemingly been ignored) I can't think of a more poignant example of the reform that is badly needed with regard to players getting older and their inevitable but unrealistically premature and rapid decline than the football match that I'm currently watching.

I make it nine thirty-somethings starting the finals of the Euro-cup for the current holders of the World Cup. If Cannavaro had been fit then he would have raised the average age still further, making it 10 30-somethings in the line-up.

This module has needed a re-think for a few years and even though it has been suggested time and time again by users it hasn't yet happened. Hopefully it will soon.

I agree the age thing does need to be redone, players decline such an unrealistic rate. Are you sure its not Italy Vs Holland you are watching? lol.

Nothing to do with the topic but I just had £10on Van the man to score the first goal at 6-1 get in!

Originally posted by Neji:

Didn't Italy's old codgers just get beaten by a young team 3-0? icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry, I agree that this system is rubbish. Older players do seem to get bad too quickly.

I know, great example! And the thread title is wrong too icon_biggrin.gif I blame having exams, the old grey matter is in short supply!

Archived