I want a new challenge!

Much like my players who want to leave for a new challenge after a few successful seasons, I am also looking to move on with my managerial career into a more difficult role.

Every new game I've started in FM09, be it with Chelsea, Monaco, Lyon, Fiorentina - all my usual clubs - I've got bored far too quickly. The longest running game I had was with Sao Paulo, but I got sacked (first time ever!).

So please recommend a new challenge for me to partake in.

Essentially, I am looking for a club with a few players, a bit of money to spend (not tens of millions, but a few million to fill out the squad with youngsters) and lots of potential, but no chance of big success right away. At the same time, I won't have the time to do a career game or take a club through several promotions as I have done in the past.

I'm swinging towards Russia, or maybe Germany, but your suggestions are welcome.

P.S. Feel free to recommend me a new skin, I'm bored of the default.

Thanks.

Much like my players who want to leave for a new challenge after a few successful seasons, I am also looking to move on with my managerial career into a more difficult role

How about just randomising the club selection after selecting various different countries to play in? The chances are, you will never have considered that team, and you will know very little about them. How difficult do you want? :p

Haha, the random option is quite enticing. If only there was an option in the initial press conference to say "Err... I'm not even sure where I am!"

Stuttgart might be good, a few good players to build around (Tasci, Khedeira, Gomez etc) but it might be too familiar.

Thanks for the skin suggestion :D

Archived